Whats your second team if any?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
As the Jackets are destined to miss the playoffs this year I have tried finding a second team to support, as many of you here seem to be supporting several teams.

The thing is: I cant find another likeable franchise and invest my mind into it. Can you?

Whats your second favourite team if there is any?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Been following the Preds for that purpose for a long long time. Unfortunately, they're also having a bit of an up-and-down season. :D

Reactions: Madifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don’t really have one. I have soft spots for Vegas, Florida, Colorado, and Tampa but I don’t really care if they win games.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I don't necessarily have any other teams that I follow closely, I just really enjoy other teams' announcers/color analysts... Vegas, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas.. to name a few

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
New Jersey since became a hockey fan watching Martin Brodeur's rookie year.

I'm screwed either way this season.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Went to college in Philly and got to some Flyer games at the old Spectrum, so I've always had some interest in the Broad Street Bullies.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
*checks username*

The Coyotes....there have been similarities between these 2 teams, but as mentioned earlier, I like/want the smaller market teams to succeed.

AZ is having a pretty good year, and getting Taylor Hall has been icing. First place team adding a talent like that, with more than half a season to go.

Reactions: Timeless Winter

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Pittsburgh :cf: Of course I am kidding.

I don't have a second team. There are simply teams I hate
  • like everyone in our division
  • and those that used to be in our division like Detroit and Chicago
  • and the team we entered the league with, Minnesota, because I want to win a Cup before they do
  • and the Leafs because TO people think the hockey world revolves around them
  • and teams that have zero fan base like Florida
  • and the Golden Knights because as the latest expansion team they got a sweetheart deal and we got screwed
  • and the Kings because they have a former douchebag Jacket
  • and the Bruins because Marchand is a douche and Lucic used to play there
  • and the Flames because Lucic now plays there
  • and the Oilers because they got the #1 pick for like ten straight years and still can't do shit...and Lucic used to play there
How many does that leave?
I am ambivalent towards the Sharks, Ducks, Habs, Preds, Bolts, Yotes, Canucks and Stars
I guess if there are other teams I prefer to see succeed it is the Blues, Sabres, Sens, Avs, and Jets.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I sort of root for the Bolts but this year the curse of EspenK is hurting them. Maybe I should switch to Boston?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You can scratch the Blues off of that list.... can't get anymore successful than winning the Cup.
And I was ecstatic for them. City that lost two football teams. Never won a SC but gets great fan support. I look at the St Louis hockey market and that’s my aspiration for Columbus’ hockey potential.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My two teams when I first became a hockey fan were Montreal (I loved their stars) and a then expansion team - the St Louis Blues. I’ve tended to follow them since then though St Louis more strongly ever since Hitch was there.

edit- my one deviation was when I closely followed the Avs as I was a huge Patrick Roy fan.

Last edited:

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
As a kid in the 60's I was a Wings fan. All those bad years through 70's...Don't like em all but am an original 6 junkie!

Came of age during the WHA years and went to many Cleveland Crusaders games. Was a Clevand Barons fans and may have played with the Jr. Barons those couple of years.;)

Always liked the Whalers, Rockies and Nords.

I just love the game above all!!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
As a kid in the 60's I was a Wings fan. All those bad years through 70's...Don't like em all but am an original 6 junkie!

Came of age during the WHA years and went to many Cleveland Crusaders games. Was a Clevand Barons fans and may have played with the Jr. Barons those couple of years.;)

Always liked the Whalers, Rockies and Nords.

I just love the game above all!!

WHA and old AHL memories! Stingers of WHA and Swords and Mighty Ducks of AHL. Never got a chance to make the trek to Richfield Coliseum when it was open. I have been in the field in the middle of nowhere where nothing remains anymore. What an insane location!

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I follow players, not really teams, so I watch Flyers to see Jake play. I'd prefer he was on a more likable team, but to quote Bob: "it is what it is..."

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
WHA and old AHL memories! Stingers of WHA and Swords and Mighty Ducks of AHL. Never got a chance to make the trek to Richfield Coliseum when it was open. I have been in the field in the middle of nowhere where nothing remains anymore. What an insane location!

Richfield was a very nice venue. It was pretty intimate. A total waste of a great building.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Sort of the Sharks because they were a super fun team to play with in the EA NHL games for awhile there. Also my sister (and cousin as well) lived in the Bay Area for a bit, so I actually got to visit the Shark Tank on a trip out there (a 4-3 Jackets loss, if I recall). Most of those adjacent-loyalty ties are gone now, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad