What's your preference for round 1?

What's your preference for round 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Given that we had a tanking discussion for the play in round figure that we should have an analogous discussion for round 1.

If the Habs win round 1, they get to go to round 2, but, ... that doesn't guarantee a Cup.

If the Habs get swept in 4, it reduces the odds of one of the better Habs players getting injured, and Suzuki and Kotkaniemi will have more time to weight train this summer and that's how they can genuinely improve.

There's a clear advanced (TM) mathematical argument indicating that the Habs' long interest is best served by losing in four games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
For me it was always lose immediately. If not does not happen, then might as well try to go all the way. Will people downplay this cup? Maybe, but everyone would rather have it than not have it.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Price better keep up the play. He was in hart form, and the best player all series. He looked in a league of his own while the rest of the players were trying to catch their legs and timing on the ice.

I haven’t seen him play like this since his trophy filled season.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Philly likely Cup favorite. They beat Tampa today and Hedman? Going to be good experience for our young players. After Pitt upset they are full of confidence.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Unlike the pens, the flyers have 1 big line (giroux - couturier - voracek)
We should use the Byron - Danault - Lehkonen line against them

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For me it was always lose immediately. If not does not happen, then might as well try to go all the way. Will people downplay this cup? Maybe, but everyone would rather have it than not have it.

One extra round to play and if any team in the 10-20 range or more in the standings win, there will people saying they won due to circumstance. I don't see it that way. Teams are healthy for the most part and the hockey is actually good considering the time off they had. Players are going to show up.

Pens, Flyers, then who? :sarcasm:. We can say we beat the 7th place team, the 4th placed team, then.... ? If we go on a run, we are facing the best seeds all the way through. Match-ups and circumstance of who you play is no different than any other year.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unlike the pens, the flyers have 1 big line (giroux - couturier - voracek)
We should use the Byron - Danault - Lehkonen line against them

Need to have all 4 lines strong. Cause we won't have last change for all games. Even when we are the home team, we can try our best to have the Danault line against Couturier. Don't underestimate Hayes.

Also, how long is Voraceck out for?

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
We screwed up... might as well go all in now

What a stupid franchise we have.

How is our franchise stupid based on the play-ins?

The Habs didn't set the rules of allowing 24 teams to participate. Did you expect the franchise to purposefully throw some games or something?

I can understand being disappointed with not getting the result you want - but i dont get how you can actually blame anyone on the team for it

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
How is our franchise stupid based on the play-ins?

The Habs didn't set the rules of allowing 24 teams to participate. Did you expect the franchise to purposefully throw some games or something?

I can understand being disappointed with not getting the result you want - but i dont get how you can actually blame anyone on the team for it

Should have traded our vets at the trade deadline...now we are stuck with them.It doesn’t help we won so now Bergevin is going to give them an extension.

The endless cycle of mediocrity continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad