whats your power play lineup

puckthat

Jul 19, 2019
I guess I'd go Werenski and Jones as the 2 d-men, they not only can score, but they aren't giving up the shorthanded attempts that some of the other combinations were giving up during the season. Then the 3 forwards would be Cam on left side, Jenner in front (only because he wins face offs and that's big for the PP, and sure will bang down low), and Bjork.

Second unit would have Nyquist, PLD, a swede winger (either Bemmstrom who was tied with Zach in the regular season or Stenlund. Either should have the sheltered 4th line minutes instead of Gerbe, then time on the 2nd unit since both can shoot it), Murray and whoever starts as his partner Kukan or Nuti as the 2 d-men.

Reactions: Fro

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
E2949894-4F14-4F6C-9AFC-33D491D802B6.jpeg

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
13/42- 14-28

I know Nyquist has been terrible, but as I’ve watched I still think he’s the best bumper.

The reality is we are at least one player short of an effective PP.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Foudy is an exciting rookie but he's got a weak shot and slow puck movement, he's not the answer.

13/42- 14-28

I know Nyquist has been terrible, but as I’ve watched I still think he’s the best bumper.

The reality is we are at least one player short of an effective PP.

Right, a lot of underperformers but these happen to be the best players we have at the jobs that are entailed.

Nyquist is definitely the best bumper, PLD the best in front, Werenski at the point, Bjorkstrand on a half-wall. The other half-wall spot I don't know if Seth is quick enough for it, or Atkinson sharp enough for it. If Texier or Bemstrom can take a step there it would be a big improvement for the whole squad, I don't think they're that great at it currently.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Foudy is an exciting rookie but he's got a weak shot and slow puck movement, he's not the answer.

I don't think anyone is saying he's the answer. I'm simply hoping he's good for the equivalent of a coupla % bump over a season.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
The truly bizarre thing will be when this is tried and it starts working.

Has my memory failed me or did Torts employ Wenny to screen the goalie on the PP a couple seasons ago with some good results? Maybe #10 on the PP isn't such a outlandish possibility after all...

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Has my memory failed me or did Torts employ Wenny to screen the goalie on the PP a couple seasons ago with some good results? Maybe #10 on the PP isn't such a outlandish possibility after all...
He was very good in that role. Doesnt bang and jam like Jenner but stands right in there with no hesitation and handles the puck better when he needs to

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Just throw the 1st line... all simply
Best skills we have

Tex - PLD - Bjorky
Werenski - Jones

I'd agree except Nyquist has been the best bumper we've had since Gagner. Can't see who would be better than him in that role.

----- PLD
Tex - Gus - Bjorky
------ Z

Reactions: Bookker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad