What's your assessment of Cam Fowler?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Needs to keep doing what he's doing this season for the next ten years.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Personally a big fan.

Skating is brilliant and he can move the puck. That is enough to be an effective D in todays league.

Add to that, his offensive game (shot especially) is progressing really well and he has a good mind for the game.

Good #2, Excellent #3 IMO.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Personally a big fan.

Skating is brilliant and he can move the puck. That is enough to be an effective D in todays league.

Add to that, his offensive game (shot especially) is progressing really well and he has a good mind for the game.

Good #2, Excellent #3 IMO.

This year? Oilers must have all #4-#6 D men in your rankings then.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Fantastic all around skater. Extremely poised with the puck on his stick in the defensive zone. Helps out the powerplay. His shot is much improved over the years, and this year he has taken another step in that department.

He's weak in front of his own goal and his game without the puck in the defensive zone is average, or even a tad below. He is a two way-defenseman in terms of style, but he's defenitely better offensively than defensively (again, without the puck).

Contrary from the impression I might have given in other threads lately, I don't think he's a #1 defenseman. I think he's more of a #2 assuming that we are trying to build a strong contender here. In weaker years, probably more of a #3 or #4 (or #2 on a non-playoff team).

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Fowler is a underrated defenseman that gets trashed a lot because they don't like his advanced stats and ignore the situation he has been in being used more as a shutdown defenseman while having to carry 3rd pair quality defense partners a lot before.

He interviewed bad from what I remember.

I think he could be a better MA Bergeron, which is no insult.

Fowler is already a better overall defenseman then Marc-Andre Bergeron was.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Ducks best dman this season and I think he ends up the best overall even if that might not be in anaheim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad