What's wrong with the Czech Republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Archijerej said:
I agree. Chechs will have a very strong next game unless their goaltending will blow them.
Vokoun look bad on the 1st goal only. The PP one went off the Kubina and he didnt really have any chance on Pronger's goal.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

Archijerej said:
I agree. Chechs will have a very strong next game unless their goaltending will blow them.
That is one funny sentence.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
they would have won if vokoun hadn't started. i thought it was a great game.

their PP should have someone at least at the side of net, in front is better. missing zidlicky didn't help PP, either.

even w/o havlat, elias, zidlicky, hasek, prucha, fischer, holik, hamrlik, etc, they are still good enough to win. look how strong finns are w/o top 2 goalies, pitkanen, tuomo ruutu, kapanen, etc. most all the teams are missing important players.

the win might be bad for canada. their D wasn't good and thornton's line was crap. he seems to always suck in big games.

khy206

Nov 26, 2005
Now this is the reason why missing Hasek is a major problem for Czechs. I'm not gonna say Vokoun is a bad goalie just because of his Olympic performance, but right now he is struggling and they don't have anybody to replace him. Are you gonna start Hnlincka in quarter final game?

Also, their power play was absolutely horrible today. I think they played good even strength game, but they were just floating during numerous PPs. (except that quick 5 on 3 goal by Kubina) Of course, they didn't have any luck on puck bounce, too.

zarathustra1900

Dec 10, 2005
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archijerej

Chock Full Of Booger said:
That is one funny sentence.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
It has been 5 minutes and I am still laughing....call me immature.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
zarathustra1900 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archijerej

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
It has been 5 minutes and I am still laughing....call me immature.

Then I'm just as immature...I'm still laughing as well. :biglaugh:

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
GuloGulo said:
I think Holik can't play for Czechs anymore because he once played under foreign flag - or? I might be wrong.

Nope. He just won't. He considers himself and American now, and he can't play for the U.S. because he's already represented the Czechs in international competition.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
You guys are cruel, I guess my english is still to mediocre to understand why are you laughing at my post :D

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I feel bad for Vokoun because Barry Trotz rides him like a dog going into the Olympics, then he gets ridden even harder during the Olympic break only to come up short in the prelims.....

He is a world-class goalie, but he has always been an emotional guy. If his confidence gets shot, he either bounces back right away, or goes on a slump. Having a very soft/weak defense only makes it worse on a guy who has little confidence right now......

Vokoun is what he is. A very good goalie with a hybrid technique. His one weakness this year has been his slow glove hand, and people continue to pound him from the point...

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Archijerej said:
You guys are cruel, I guess my english is still to mediocre to understand why are you laughing at my post :D

d*mn that girl gives good [pick a word from your post here] jobs

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
what's wrong?

I'm from czechR, while not being sure whether you came to the conclusion there's something wrong with us based on having seen us play or just the results, I have to admit to a certain level of disappointment. On the other hand... Fins defended in 4 men against us, Swiss's in 3 men, Canada in 5 men... Hopefully I'm getting my point across, so far we outshot/outpassed/outplayed almost everyone we met on our way... back home.. Hehe, nothing is wrong till we're actually out, if you look at the games, even the best teams still fear us, the only team willing to play an open offensive game against us is Russia. And Slovakia, since they have some issues and are usually(unsuccessfully) trying to prove they're just as much of an offensive threat as we are. But they're not. As far as improvisation, no-one can compare, skillwise, only Russians surpass us. As for Bulis/Erat not scaring anyone, you probably didnt watch many of those games, did you. They're in fact two of our most dangerous/explosive forwards at the moment. And there's a whole ensemble of players who should sit for the rest of the tournament, like Hemsky(all talent but no will), Lang(HAHA), Vyborny(time is up, thanks and bye), Olesz(?what are you doing out there, buddy?), Rucinsky(time was up like two years ago), Spacek(he's having a terrible tournament, yet somehow he gets to play on PP), Vokoun(mentaly unstable?) and the major dummie to blame is our head coach who managed to put this circus together, please, Alois, leave it to someone competent and stick with being a manager, we should have never relied on NHLers only, that never really works for us. Then there's Hejduk who's still good in as far as making the play and moves, but lost his finish-it! confidence completely, Jagr, who tries too much and never looks around, Prospal, who mostly fails, but never stops to try, Straka, who needs to finish anything, the only players whose performances could be possibly considered convincing are T.Kaberle, Zidlicky and those two no-names(according to you), Erat and Bulis(both would be dominating ELH during the last years lockout while there had been many players expected to make much bigger difference than these two), maybe Kuba and.. Unfortunately, that's IT, yeah, I'm really........ !!!

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
blah

HuMz said:
why is hemsky on the 3rd line?

cause his lazy *** is out of shape, he shouldnt be on the team in the first place

make him sit, I cant watch him slow the game down with his useless flicks everytime he gets the puck anymore I swear!!!

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
JanJanJan said:
I'm from czechR, while not being sure whether you came to the conclusion there's something wrong with us based on having seen us play or just the results, I have to admit to a certain level of disappointment. On the other hand... Fins defended in 4 men against us, Swiss's in 3 men, Canada in 5 men... Hopefully I'm getting my point across, so far we outshot/outpassed/outplayed almost everyone we met on our way... back home.. Hehe, nothing is wrong till we're actually out, if you look at the games, even the best teams still fear us, the only team willing to play an open offensive game against us is Russia. And Slovakia, since they have some issues and are usually(unsuccessfully) trying to prove they're just as much of an offensive threat as we are. But they're not. As far as improvisation, no-one can compare, skillwise, only Russians surpass us. As for Bulis/Erat not scaring anyone, you probably didnt watch many of those games, did you. They're in fact two of our most dangerous/explosive forwards at the moment. And there's a whole ensemble of players who should sit for the rest of the tournament, like Hemsky(all talent but no will), Lang(HAHA), Vyborny(time is up, thanks and bye), Olesz(?what are you doing out there, buddy?), Rucinsky(time was up like two years ago), Spacek(he's having a terrible tournament, yet somehow he gets to play on PP), Vokoun(mentaly unstable?) and the major dummie to blame is our head coach who managed to put this circus together, please, Alois, leave it to someone competent and stick with being a manager, we should have never relied on NHLers only, that never really works for us. Then there's Hejduk who's still good in as far as making the play and moves, but lost his finish-it! confidence completely, Jagr, who tries too much and never looks around, Prospal, who mostly fails, but never stops to try, Straka, who needs to finish anything, the only players whose performances could be possibly considered convincing are T.Kaberle, Zidlicky and those two no-names(according to you), Erat and Bulis(both would be dominating ELH during the last years lockout while there had been many players expected to make much bigger difference than these two), maybe Kuba and.. Unfortunately, that's IT, yeah, I'm really........ !!!
Might as well go all the way and crap on Salficky and the teams massage therapist.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
JanJanJan said:
I thought Hemsky was their most dangerous player and was rewarded with more icetime because of it.

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
blah

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I thought Hemsky was their most dangerous player and was rewarded with more icetime because of it.

Hehehe, no, our best players are rewarded with virtually no time on ice and useless center Rostislav Olesz(and no PP time at all).

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
??

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Might as well go all the way and crap on Salficky and the teams massage therapist.

No, sir, I'm being polite here, wish you understood czech and went on to see what the other people's thoughts on our performances are like... What do you expect us to expect? We're the most successful side in NT hockey of the last ten years. It's not like we can't support our team, Its that we wanna see them give their best, it's that we wanna see them stand up for one another(cheers Jarko), it's that we don't wanna see them lose against teams like the one of Switzerland.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
JanJanJan said:
No, sir, I'm being polite here, wish you understood czech and went on to see what the other people's thoughts on our performances are like... What do you expect us to expect? We're the most successful side in NT hockey of the last ten years. It's not like we can't support our team, Its that we wanna see them give their best, it's that we wanna see them stand up for one another(cheers Jarko), it's that we don't wanna see them lose against teams like the one of Switzerland.
A no forecheck fest and a close win against the Slovaks will have everyone in Czech land happy again.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
moneyp said:
Nope. He just won't. He considers himself and American now, and he can't play for the U.S. because he's already represented the Czechs in international competition.
I think the rule that allows Nabokov (played for Khazakstan in the past) to play for Russia now would allow Holik to play for the U.S. My understanding is he's eligible but has never been asked, god only knows why, there are several guys I'd bump to get him on the squad.

Anyway, I picked the Czechs to win gold, looking like a bad choice now. I have never seen Vokoun play this poorly, and if Prospal is your best faceoff guy, there is a problem.

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006

Sotnos said:
Anyway, I picked the Czechs to win gold, looking like a bad choice now. I have never seen Vokoun play this poorly, and if Prospal is your best faceoff guy, there is a problem.

I don't blame Tomas, our defence was poor in first two games and he's the kind of guy who always looks to improve, he just hit the bad form at the worst possible moment. As for the face off thing, it's important, but our players, when asked, always say stuff like "I dont really care about FO all that much...". That's exactly what drives me nuts about our "star" players, they need a bit of canadian mentality, the only true fighters on our team are Cajanek and Prospal and the rest act like a harem of spoiled princesses sometimes. Jag, you got a couple of stitches in your eyebrow? so what? do you expect us to condole your mommy? when playing 2:2 against Suomi, we need you back. It's olympic games.

Vokoun

Nov 30, 2005
Franklin,TN
If and a very big IF Vokoun gets hot like I've seen him get, then they could really be dangerous. He's an elite goalie, but he just needs that spark to get him going.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
JanJanJan said:
I don't blame Tomas, our defence was poor in first two games and he's the kind of guy who always looks to improve, he just hit the bad form at the worst possible moment. As for the face off thing, it's important, but our players, when asked, always say stuff like "I dont really care about FO all that much...". That's exactly what drives me nuts about our "star" players, they need a bit of canadian mentality, the only true fighters on our team are Cajanek and Prospal and the rest act like a harem of spoiled princesses sometimes. Jag, you got a couple of stitches in your eyebrow? so what? do you expect us to condole your mommy? when playing 2:2 against Suomi, we need you back. It's olympic games.
Vokoun has been putrid. He is the biggest reason they finished fourth in the group. Richards goal today was comedy and St.Louis scored from the goaline/corner. The Paterlini SH goal was outrageous, 1 on 3 -flailing backhand shot. Vokoun has to be better, if he lets in one bad goal -no matter how early they will have to pull him. He cannot be left in to kill the teams chances.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
JanJanJan said:
cause his lazy *** is out of shape, he shouldnt be on the team in the first place

make him sit, I cant watch him slow the game down with his useless flicks everytime he gets the puck anymore I swear!!!
Third star in a game that they lost, but yeah...he sucks! No talent whatsever. :sarcasm:

JanJanJan

Feb 21, 2006
bs

Gforce33 said:
Third star in a game that they lost, but yeah...he sucks! No talent whatsever. :sarcasm:

read what I wrote above, he's all talent but no will, he's moody, phlegmatic and introvert, with these placid moody young talented players like Havlat, Klepis and Hemsky, our future sure looks bright! They're gonna take us... to the wonderland of hockey melancholy, thanks a lot

as for him being named whatever he was named in the game, we have this saying in Czechia, "one-eyed makes the king among the blinds", that applies to Ales perfectly, he's becoming less effective game by game, more talented than forsberg but he will never ever reach the forsberg's level of effectiveness if he continues to perform every five games, you might wanna ask the Oilers fans how they like his tonight-I-wanna-be-the-player approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad