What's wrong with Igor Knyazev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Jacobv2 said:
Anyone? This guy was, at one point or another, touted as a #1.

Well, Svitov, Knyazev and Chistov (Zherdev too) are basically great samples why some of the Russians should not come to North America before they are complete players. Now his confidence is shot and it is very unlikely he will become what he should have became.

Safir*

Siberian said:
Well, Svitov, Knyazev and Chistov (Zherdev too) are basically great samples why some of the Russians should not come to North America before they are complete players. Now his confidence is shot and it is very unlikely he will become what he should have became.

Maybe Knyazev would flourish on the Thrashers, since his old buddy from Krylja Sovetov also plays there. Ilya Kovalchuk!

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
TomACE said:
Maybe Knyazev would flourish on the Thrashers, since his old buddy from Krylja Sovetov also plays there. Ilya Kovalchuk!

Maybe a swap of the two could be organized ;)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Bluenote13 said:
He played with Fedor Tyutin at the WJC a few years back, no?

He actually captained a WJC Gold Medal team. Was also named best defenseman in the tournament. Igor has simply had a problem adjusting his game to the North American style and he's at dangerous bust potential if he doens't turn it around. I'd put him with the potential of a Danny Markov type player if he can get his act together. However, right now i've not seen enough heart out of him to make a comparison like that. He was highly touted as a two way defenseman coming out of the draft and the most NHL ready player on the board outside of the top 6 selections and here we are three years later and Igor still hasn't set foot on a sheet of NHL ice. That pretty much speaks volumes about the expectations this kid has and how far he has fallen from those. However, the jury is still out. He's only 21 and i'm not prone to calling any kid that young a bust yet.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
He actually captained a WJC Gold Medal team. Was also named best defenseman in the tournament. Igor has simply had a problem adjusting his game to the North American style and he's at dangerous bust potential if he doens't turn it around. I'd put him with the potential of a Danny Markov type player if he can get his act together. However, right now i've not seen enough heart out of him to make a comparison like that. He was highly touted as a two way defenseman coming out of the draft and the most NHL ready player on the board outside of the top 6 selections and here we are three years later and Igor still hasn't set foot on a sheet of NHL ice. That pretty much speaks volumes about the expectations this kid has and how far he has fallen from those. However, the jury is still out. He's only 21 and i'm not prone to calling any kid that young a bust yet.

True, Ron Francis and Jeff O'Neill are having a tough time in Carolina. I can't imagine what it's like for Knyazev if established stars can't even get it goin'

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
True, Ron Francis and Jeff O'Neill are having a tough time in Carolina. I can't imagine what it's like for Knyazev if established stars can't even get it goin'

HEY GUYS! Knyazev is playing for the Springfield Falcons in AHL because he is now part of the Coyotes Massive! He was part of the trade that brought Tanabe in Phoenix for Markov who is now with the Fliyers. He is playing for a not very good coach, Marty Mc Sorley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad