What's with this "22-man roster" thing.....?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Teams don’t have any obligation to carry a 23-man roster, that’s just the max allowed. A team can opt to carry a 20-man roster if they so desired.

member 88115

Maybe the spot is open for Vilardi. Might be ready sooner????

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
From what I understand, Cap is calculated daily. What you don't spend today basically carries over on a prorated basis. This gives Blake more flexibility to make trades down the line if he needs the space, and unless you're freaking about about losing players to waivers from an asset management prespective, makes sense because your ONT guys are all at TSC with the Kings a good portion of the time, so roster moves are incredibly simple. Sucks for the guys that may be on the NHL roster as the 14th forward or 8th D, but it makes sense financially, CAP wise and the guys who normally wouldn't dress for a game are getting playing time for their development in the AHL. This is becoming a trend with many teams.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
From what I understand, Cap is calculated daily. What you don't spend today basically carries over on a prorated basis. This gives Blake more flexibility to make trades down the line if he needs the space, and unless you're freaking about about losing players to waivers from an asset management prespective, makes sense because your ONT guys are all at TSC with the Kings a good portion of the time, so roster moves are incredibly simple. Sucks for the guys that may be on the NHL roster as the 14th forward or 8th D, but it makes sense financially, CAP wise and the guys who normally wouldn't dress for a game are getting playing time for their development in the AHL. This is becoming a trend with many teams.
Yeah I thought it was something like that, thanks.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Plus they don't go on the road until the start of next week. With the way things are already going, someone else will probably be called up for the road trip through central and eastern Canada in case a guy gets knocked in the head in warm ups.

Reactions: Basilisk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad