What's up with Filppula?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Small sample size, my man. He's still a good enough secondary-scoring dude, but in my books, he's a not a top-6 forward, if he ever even was. I expect something like 10-15 goals and 20-25 asssists from him this season.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
There seems to be either a positive or negative "What's up with ..." thread for every Finnish player :eek::help:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Filppula has elite coachability. Combine that with an elite coach and he's going to do well.

For an opposite example, see his time with Flyers. A terrible coach makes Filppula terrible as well. Filppula is a great coach competence indicator.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I always liked Flip, but he was not what I hoped he would be in Philly. I am not surprised a change in scenery is doing him well. Lou knows all.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m more pleased with him defensively and in the penalty kill. He’s been a treat to watch for the isles. Really smart 2way player with skill. Obviously I don’t expect him to keep up the points and goal scoring pace but he’s been really good all around non the less.

This is the most structured I’ve seen an islanders team play in a long time. The roster isn’t a juggernaut but Trotz has them playing complete games for 60 min.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Small sample size, my man. He's still a good enough secondary-scoring dude, but in my books, he's a not a top-6 forward, if he ever even was. I expect something like 10-15 goals and 20-25 asssists from him this season.
Detroit times? 60 point two-way beast. Yes hes been good.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's playing well. Seems to have found some chemistry with Komarov. Proving to be a real astute signing by Lou thus far.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
He's got 4 goals on 7 shots. I'm going to go ahead and assume he won't be shooting at 57% for the season. He's also been on the ice for 22 ES shots for and 5 of them have gone in and he's got a point on all of them. It's also safe to also assume that goalies aren't going to post a .773 SV% while he's on the ice the rest of the season and he won't register a point for every goal he's on the ice for. At some point, probably very soon, he'll go like 10 games with 1-2 points and all will be right in the statistical world.

He started last season with 4 goals and 5 points in his first 6 games and then had 7 goals an 28 points in the remaining 75 games.

Reactions: Yasuo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad