Speculation: Whats the worst thing that could happen today and at free agency for you/your team?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Trade Vilardi, Clague, Anderson-Dolan, or the 20th pick for an aging winger.

seriously, especially after Blake stating that he would not make such a move
if he does, he'll be branded:

images

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not so much what could go wrong in free agency as it is what could go wrong in the regular season and playoffs if we make it. TB is in a place now where results matter. Losing in the playoffs or worse not making it means changes to our team and that is never fun. Fortunately every team but 1 deals with this. Still sucks though. Well unless you're the Caps and deal with major changes even with winning the cup.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Well...if rumors today have any basis, DW seems committed to moving guys we should keep (Lindholm, Hanifin) and doesn't seem to be trying really hard to move the guys that need to go. (Skinner, Faulk, Rask)

We could trade for ROR. (Seriously, no interest unless Botterill lowers his expectations substantially.)

We could take someone other than Svechnikov at 2OA.

I'm a Canes fan, every happy occasion has a dark lining.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
My biggest anxiety is that the Blues will trade Thompson/Kyrou/Kostin for a good-but-not-great winger with one or two years left on his contract and then either massively overpay to extend him or lose him to free agency while those youngsters become impact players for some other team.
montreal collectively supports this scenario

Reactions: AmeriHab

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I think it's hard to say for us. I think it's unlikely anyone gets traded that we couldn't live without somehow. Standing pat is probably the worst thing that could happen for us, but with the contract extensions coming up the situation has to be handled delicately.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
One of Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes or Wahlstrom falls to 10 and Chis picks Smith or Hayton.

I guess I could say this as well because if Dobson and Wahlstrom are available at 10, I have to wonder what the hell the Rangers did at 9.

For the Rangers
Trade up in draft paying with 1st rounders. I want to pick 3 times, hoping to get a 4th 1st rounder
If you feel the need to trade up it better be for Dobson, not Tkachuk

Anything that has to do with EK or Patches

Keep Hayes and Skjei on the team

Make sure Sather doesn’t get a half bottle of scotch in him before the draft. He would drive Gorton crazy which could lead to a bad decision

Last edited:

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
My Biggest concern is that Benning trades the #7 pick. Just please make the pick. I will be happy with any of the projected top 10.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Worst thing? Parayko getting traded for anyone not named Draisatl.
Second worst thing? Thomas being traded for anyone.
Third worst thing? Kyrou being traded for anyone not named Panarin.
Fourth worst thing? The Blues beginning the 2018-2019 NHL season with the same roster they ended last year on.

They need to secure a deal for a top-6 forward this weekend, so they know how much salary they have available to spend on free agents, and can plan accordingly.

geniusgoalie

Apr 24, 2006
Pendleton, NY
Rasmus Dahlin develops the same early-onset arthritis that runs in his family and forced his brother to retire from hockey by age 20.

Everything else barring a plane crash would be trivial.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Worst thing that could happen is Minnesota goes way off the board to draft another European. For free agency: things with Zucker get sticky so Minnesota trades him + nino for shits and giggles. Let say something like a package of Max Domi and Christian Dvorak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad