Speculation: Whats the worst thing that could happen today and at free agency for you/your team?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Thought it would be fun to see what fans of different teams think is the worst possible outcome for them/their teams today and the next couple of weeks.

Personally i dont think NYR could f*** it up with the way Gorton has talked about the most likely moves going forward (rebuild/retool and get young talent). The worst for me would be if Lou somehow manages to sign Tavares and trade for Karlsson with Islanders two first rounders+. Unlikely yes, but i started thinking about it when i read a tweet that Isles might be taking a run at Karlsson with the 11th and 12th pick+ and as a huge EK fan it would be very hard to see him playing for NYI.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
That Detroit drafts either of Tkachuk or Hughes, or trades for Grubauer, or signs Kovalchuk.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks

Draft day:
We take Lundestrom or trade the pick for another over the hill player

FA:
We miss out on Tavares and Kovalchuk and then sign Bieksa and Plekanec to make up for it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
1: We draft Barrett Hayton at 10th

2: Nothing really, we don't really have enough cap to overpay anyone.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
My biggest anxiety is that the Blues will trade Thompson/Kyrou/Kostin for a good-but-not-great winger with one or two years left on his contract and then either massively overpay to extend him or lose him to free agency while those youngsters become impact players for some other team.

Reactions: SteveR85

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Karlsson traded, Tkachuk drafted and 2019 pick forfeited, Mark Stone offersheeted, JPG traded as part of the offseason overhaul, Ceci extended long-term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad