What's the MOST important success factor ?

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I understand that there are many factors contributing to Habs success this season, but what's the most important ? Try to pick just one or two reasons.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think it's a combination of all, not just one.

I also don't get the ''over performance of Subban''. He's over performed?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
1. Under-performed last year
2. Rookies stepping in and bringing tremendous depth offensively
3. Having a competent coaching staff

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
thing is the new management et al. includes bringing in all the other elements. They're not really mutually exclusive. It's the work ethic, combined with the system combined with special players. Apart from the slump, what an exciting team to have watched this year.

Still room for improvement from a few guys and that's in a way a good thing.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
As the most important I voted new management/coach/system. That said it's definitely a combination of things. New management wouldn't have changed much of anything if we had not had Markov, the Gallys, etc. So what's more important ? Hard to tell.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Luck. With the way we are playing recently, there is no way we could have made the playoffs in a 82games season.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Create "new Players and Rookies" category and you have your answer.

This ^^^

Add to it following the system and we have a team that performs well.

Last night was so different from the team that we watched going through the "slump". They forechecked harder, were more aggressive on the puck on defense (forwards) and did not play the passive PK which shut down the Leafs since the refs were calling penalties last night.

The roles of Gally, Chuckie, Prust, Tinordi (yes, him too last night) Boullion (he plays the bottom pairing so he is no Subban) have been huge for this team. Ryder needs to get over whatever problem he is having and help carry this team in the playoffs.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
the two Gallys. Management has very little to do with it. It's a different team.

Pretty much.

Those two gave us offensive depth we weren't expecting and it has a major impact in our team. Something we lacked big time last season. We don't have only 1 scoring line anymore.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
Luck. With the way we are playing recently, there is no way we could have made the playoffs in a 82games season.

It had nothing to do with luck. Luck is winning one game despite being outplayed. Over 48 games the sample size is big enough that luck isn't a factor.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
It had nothing to do with luck. Luck is winning one game despite being outplayed. Over 48 games the sample size is big enough that luck isn't a factor.

Not even remotely true, one full season isn't enough to eliminate luck as a factor.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Desire to win is back and the new management and some players and rookies do the work needed for the job to be accomplished, Markov was a factor especially at the beginning of the season but he's been less than stellar defensively. The team wins as a team since there's no superstar except PK and the team loses as a team meaning that everyone comes back the next game with better performances.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I voted for coaching/management/system and over/underachieving.

I like your options in the poll though, you put in some good options.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Back pressure. When our forwards are back checking hard it cuts scoring chances down and allows the defense to stand teams up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad