Equipment: What's the minimum price someone must pay for equipment?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Ahh fair enough. I was under the impression that BC was similar to ONT in that there were a good amount of shops.

However, if someone suggested that in the GTA, they're pushing it lol

LeanBeef

Sep 4, 2012
For myself all I pay a lot for are my gloves, skates, and stick... Everything else I have isn't the best... What I find though is that cheaper shoulder pads work and feel better for me. I use ccm u+ 4's and they feel great, just not much collarbone protection

My elbow pads were actually pro ones (jofas) but I got them for cheap. My friends dad is an equipment manager so he replaces the insides for me (and my shinpad caps) so they always feel new

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
there's also the Tron Hockey if you want to buy brand new and money is really tight: http://www.hockeytron.com/
I've bought a few things from them just to try them out. their "generic" brand stuff isn't bad for the price and they usually have 20-30% coupons as well.
note: I've never used their sticks and don't know anyone personally who has.

I'm assuming you mean the Tron sticks. Guy I played drop-in with had two and paid about $100 for the pair. Said he liked the sticks for the price, but they were somewhat heavier than expected.

They have the 30% off coupon right now, so you should be able to pick up a pair for $70 or $35 each. Only reason I'm mentioning a pair is because it's a good idea to keep a backup stick around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad