What's the ceiling of Oliver Björkstrand

What's the ceiling of Oliver Björkstrand

• Total voters

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I went first liner, cause he's more a scorer than a setup/assists guy. And scoring wingers seem more rare (or at least harder to replace) than playmakers. Not sure about HoF, depends more on years than abilities. Superstar? he could have a couple prime years at that level but if he was that he would've shown it by now. And as for All-Star, depends on teammates; I could see Jones or Laine picked before him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus comes back with a more open system next year and Oliver puts up a point per game season. He could certainly get an All-Star nod.

Over the last three years, Bjorkstrand is 32nd in the league in P/60 (5v5 scoring rate). He's around the likes of Rantanen and Tavares there. Try comparing their most common linemates, their PP time, and their cap hits.

1st liner in Columbus. 2nd liner on the top teams.

I think you've got the reasoning backwards. It's harder to score in Columbus so if you're putting up top liner scoring rates there, it's all the more impressive. He has zero help this year.

Reactions: Hulide and Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
First liner and with better linemates can get some ASG nods. Dude is solid in all areas. 30 goals and the odd year could get 40.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad