What's something you would like to see happen in the NHL?

snag

Feb 22, 2014

;)

LyVY.gif

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Fewer players on each team = players get paid more = players win

Necessary for more teams to come into the league = expansion fees = owners win

More room on the ice + standard PP being 4v3 = more offense = fans win
Too radical a change for my tastes. Plus, I do like a certain amount of bodychecking in my hockey and that will likely reduce it significantly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Canadian teams only winning the Stanley Cup until the US gets a new president.

Gary Bettman getting fired and Brendan Shanahan becomes Commissioner.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
  • Eliminate shootouts
  • 35- year or older players don't count against the salary cap
  • Divisional playoffs
  • All star game where best of each conference face each other
  • 3rd jerseys

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Increase the draft cut-off by a year.
No more shout-outs, 3 on 3 until someone scores.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
One more....and this one is pretty trivial has nothing to do with the game per se....but now that Vegas has a team, after this 3 year deal is done I would like to see the awards show to either become a traveling act or find neutral ground. Much like the Draft and ASG, it could serve to engage fans and keep interest and afford fans who would otherwise not be able to attend the opportunity to do so.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd like to see the NHL hire competent officials and instruct them to actually do their job instead of letting everything go.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Let Nhl players play in the Olympics.

Have someone else present the Stanley cup. Having the commissioner get booed every year is embarrassing

Call penalties that are penalties regardless of situation

Market the players better. I mean holy shit I’m a penguins fan that grew up in northern Virginia and even I’m sick of the Washington vs Pittsburgh/Crosby vs Ovechkin thing. There are so many great players in the league. It really seems like a golden age. Market them.

With that being said, I know this is an nbc thing and not Nhl thing but they need to get rid of Fred flintstone in Mike Millbury and hire analysts that will highlight the speed and skill of the game. That’s what is going to attract more fans.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Never happen, but a 70 game season.

I would take this too. In fact I would cut it even shorter if it meant fewer back to backs and the Stanley cup ending in May. The regular season holds little to know drama and since more than half the teams make the playoffs, the casual fan won’t tune in until April.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Consistent officiating. This is very possible to do if they wanted it.

Not a big deal, but jersey tucking. Let’s get a litttle personality back in the game. I loved Ovechkins old look with the back tucked in and the pad sticking out some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad