What's something you would like to see happen in the NHL?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I would like to see Erik Karlsson win the next 10 Norris trophies and watch as the heads of the usual “4th forward” suspects explode.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mean seeing your favorite team win the Cup since we all want that, but maybe something like a rule change or seeing a team in X location. Personally, through some sort of miracle, I'd like to see the following line take the ice for any team at some point:

Parker Foo-Cliff Pu-Spencer Foo
Jett Woo-Paul LaDue

Paul Romanuk had an aneurysm just reading this.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I would like to see diving called for diving and supplemental discipline for every time a player dives.

This "embellishment" thing isn't working out for me.

I'm noticing a trend to where suddenly players who work out there core and legs almost 24/7 and have done so their whole career suddenly become so weak on their legs that a slight bump lets them fly across the rink.

There used to be times when we complemented how strong players were on the puck and how nothing could knock them off it, let's get back to that narrative.

Reactions: artemponomarev

snag

Feb 22, 2014
- 3-2-1-0 point system. Fixed number of points up for grabs....either 164 246...not some arbitrary number in between.
- get rid of the trapezoid and institute 1 of two rules:
  1. either goalies get a penalty for playing the puck or
  2. if they choose to remove themselves from the net and take on the role of a skater, they are allowed to be hit (not a popular idea but...I don't care). Make the goalie decide on the risk/reward.
- fix the offside mess. either go to all out no-touch or bring back the traditional...this hybrid system is too inconsistent and arbitrary.
- just get rid of the offside challenges. they are so close they have absolutely no bearing on the game anyway.
-purist in me says bring back the 2-line off-side pass. The league is so fast and talented now dynamic players are getting wasted by cherry picking at the line
- on the purist note....I always liked the traditional division and conference names ;)
-finally admit that Phoenix was a failed experiment and move them!
-as others said....cap reform.

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Remove icing during penalty killing.
Suspension for fighting.
Eliminate all hits to the head.
Taunting from in-house announcer. Example, we're in Boston. Marchand scores. Announcner: "Boston goal, SCORED BY #63, BRAAAAAAAD MARCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!" Drouin scores. Announcer: "(inaudible mumble, mumble, mumble)"
Full disclosure of all injuries for betting purposes.
Hits are no longer counted by league.
Penalties don't expire on scoring a goal.
Teams get free pizza/booze/massages/whatever if they run up the score. Example: Oilers thrash Calgary 10-1, they get bonus perks.
Players encouraged to be less "boring", taunting each other on and off the ice.
Women in coaching and management.
Goaltenders forbidden from catching or freezing the puck. Puck MUST be returned to play immediately, or a delay of game is called.
More Swedes.
More Finns.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Suspension for fighting.
Eliminate all hits to the head.
Taunting from in-house announcer. Example, we're in Boston. Marchand scores. Announcner: "Boston goal, SCORED BY #63, BRAAAAAAAD MARCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!" Drouin scores. Announcer: "(inaudible mumble, mumble, mumble)"
Full disclosure of all injuries for betting purposes.
Hits are no longer counted by league.
Penalties don't expire on scoring a goal.
Teams get free pizza/booze/massages/whatever if they run up the score. Example: Oilers thrash Calgary 10-1, they get bonus perks.
Players encouraged to be less "boring", taunting each other on and off the ice.
Women in coaching and management.
Goaltenders forbidden from catching or freezing the puck. Puck MUST be returned to play immediately, or a delay of game is called.
More Swedes.
More Finns.

You forgot: When there is a fight, fans next to home team box must give the player their beer. ;)

DOH....re-read and see you want suspensions for fighting.....BOOOOOOOO!!!!

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Agree with the 3-2-1-0 points system but that wouldn't work for 3v3 OT. Would have to go back to 4v4 at least. Not sure the league would do that for entertainment purposes though.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Agree with the 3-2-1-0 points system but that wouldn't work for 3v3 OT. Would have to go back to 4v4 at least. Not sure the league would do that for entertainment purposes though.

Again, the purist in me would love to ditch the SO, bring back ties and stick with 2-1-0...but for the bolded I personally said 3-2-1-0 because I can't see it happening. That would be like admitting "god" is fallible. Just like moving Arizona.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
  • Home team wears white
  • Relocation to Seattle and Quebec City (no expansion... I know, ain't gonna happen)
  • Eliminate shootouts - 3 on 3 until game ends
  • Return playoff format to 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc.
  • Cameras embedded on the underside of crossbars, or under the ice below the goal line
  • No coaches challenge for off-sides of less than six inches from the blueline (in other words, it has to be blatent)
  • Start the season two weeks earlier so we don't have playoffs in June
  • Change criteria for Hart and Conn Smythe to "Most Outstanding Player" instead of "Most Valuable"

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Suspension for fighting. No.
Eliminate all hits to the head. Aren't we trying already?
Taunting from in-house announcer. Example, we're in Boston. Marchand scores. Announcner: "Boston goal, SCORED BY #63, BRAAAAAAAD MARCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!" Drouin scores. Announcer: "(inaudible mumble, mumble, mumble)" Silliness. I hate annoying announcers.
Full disclosure of all injuries for betting purposes. Yes.
Hits are no longer counted by league. Why?
Penalties don't expire on scoring a goal. Hmmm, maybe if officiating improved.
Teams get free pizza/booze/massages/whatever if they run up the score. Example: Oilers thrash Calgary 10-1, they get bonus perks. I like the idea of "real" incentives for continuing to score. Make goal differential the first tie-breaker, perhaps, or is it already?
Players encouraged to be less "boring", taunting each other on and off the ice. No. That's just silly/annoying.
Women in coaching and management. If they're good enough. Maybe in a couple more generations. They'll have to start in the minors first. Aren't there more men coaches even in women's hockey? Must be a reason. A "big no" if your intention was for this to be mandated.
Goaltenders forbidden from catching or freezing the puck. Puck MUST be returned to play immediately, or a delay of game is called. Now that is intriguing. As long as the opposing team backs off a certain distance... that may actually help the defending team get out of their zone.
More Swedes. Unnecessary
More Finns.Unncessary

See my comments in bold above

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The Stanley Cup retired and replaced by the Bettman Cup, a 6’ plastic modernist sculpture which can only be won by a shootout in July.

Then I will ALWAYS have more Stanley Cups than the Flames or Canucks ;) I have my ol' McDonald's trophy set and got a Molson Stanley Cup last yer lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad