What's more likely to happen? [MOD: Yzerman to Detroit or Stamkos to Toronto]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Yzerman will be in TB until he's fired. We tend to think of Yzerman as this guy who's "loyal to the Red Wings." But I think it's probably closer to the truth that he's a loyal guy to whatever he's committed to, and one who tends to spark loyalty in other people toward him.

Of course Yzerman was attached to Detroit, but he's had a lot of time to get attached to TB, and better yet, the Tampa Bay Lightning. Jeff Vinik, in a lot of ways, has structured the organization around, and to reflect, Yzerman's character. In short: this is Yzerman's baby now.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I see Jim Nill going back to Detroit before Yzerman does. Yzerman and Vinik have a owner/GM relationship that he might not find anywhere else. Stamkos I hope stays, but I don't know what he wants to do two years down the road.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I see Jim Nill going back to Detroit before Yzerman does. Yzerman and Vinik have a owner/GM relationship that he might not find anywhere else. Stamkos I hope stays, but I don't know what he wants to do two years down the road.

I agree on Nill, but for what it's worth, Yzerman's relationship to Mike Illitch is pretty much father/son.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I am glad they extended Holland for only 4 years, and we have SFY for 5, so not available when they need a new GM.

Mike Illitch is 85 and sick so I doubt he will be around in 5 years.

If Stammer wants too much (I am not going to argue what 'too' is) I trust SFY to trade him, and get a great return. No one player is bigger than the team.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
I am glad they extended Holland for only 4 years, and we have SFY for 5, so not available when they need a new GM.

Mike Illitch is 85 and sick so I doubt he will be around in 5 years.

If Stammer wants too much (I am not going to argue what 'too' is) I trust SFY to trade him, and get a great return. No one player is bigger than the team.

Sometimes you have to take to account that some players are, not forever but for some time atleast = the team. Crosby was, and still kinda is, the Penguins. Same with Tavares and Isles and us. Without Stammer we are, atleast for now, not much.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Sometimes you have to take to account that some players are, not forever but for some time atleast = the team. Crosby was, and still kinda is, the Penguins. Same with Tavares and Isles and us. Without Stammer we are, atleast for now, not much.

Without Stammer, we are AT LEAST, for now a playoff team. Fixed that for you.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I don’t think there is a player that is truly “un-tradable”, I mean sure there are a lot of players you wouldn’t want to trade like Stamkos but if Stamkos wouldn’t want to play here anymore then I hope that SFY will trade him and get some great returns back (I was about to say bleed that team dry but that’s a given so it wouldn’t have to be said), I don’t know if Stamkos have NMC or a NTC on his contract if he can choose which teams he would want to be traded to or if Steve can pick and choose which would give him back the nest assets…but that’s not something that we would have to think about now, I guess we’ll see what happens.

I don’t however think that Yzerman wants to or will be leaving TB any time soon, you can see that he’s put his seal of approval on this team and every player is handpicked by him to help build the team he envisions and Vinik is allowing his to do it because he trusts him+ he said that he expected that a re-build would take 5 – 7 years and that’s where he is at now. If he were to go to Detroit he would have to start over again and everyone would also expect things for him right away since he is who he is there.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Impossible-Pig--43817.jpg

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Theres a reason SY doesn't talk about his Detroit time much anymore. No slight to the org, hes just "Lightning SY" now. Guy is a pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad