What's missing from Tampa?

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I remember reading an article in czech about palat where was also an interview with him. He said he doesn't go to facebook, twitter, etc. or doesn't read newspapers or watch any news at all because he just can't see those images of blackhawks with the cup.

That finals loss must have left some pretty bad scratches on their souls, i guess

I think the fans aren't the only ones that feel we should have won it. Johnson's wrist derailed a smoking hot line and Stamkos went MIA. Add in Bishop missing that game we could have gone up 3-1 and it's all just really sad. But we and the team need to move on

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They really aren't professionals if they use a cup loss as an excuse. Hossa lost TWICE in back to back years and now has 3. Sure he could have 5, but he won it. Pronged lost 2 and won 1. List goes on and on.

The only thing I can take from the way they've played is they really felt like teams would respect them and let them walk over them, or Stamkos not being resigned has cursed this team. It's fixable. It's not like we've lost anybody or anything other than goals. I still call it a slump. If it's the same by January, then tinker with the team. Not now.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think what's "wrong" with the team is they are not used to being the hunted. They pride themselves on being able to prove that they belong in the top of the league but now that they proved that last season it is struggling to find an identity. Other teams are now playing this role of the hunter and our team is the hunted. They haven't been able to adjust to this role. Just a thought I had.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I remember reading an article in czech about palat where was also an interview with him. He said he doesn't go to facebook, twitter, etc. or doesn't read newspapers or watch any news at all because he just can't see those images of blackhawks with the cup.

That finals loss must have left some pretty bad scratches on their souls, i guess

Yeah, but you just can't hang your hat on something like that in pro sports. This is where we find out if these guys are a one hit wonder.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Yeah, but you just can't hang your hat on something like that in pro sports. This is where we find out if these guys are a one hit wonder.

yeah, that's true. I mean, where exactly could you just quit? We have this saying in CZ that you might know too - falling on your mouth is still a step forward. I bet that our guys know that loosing a SCF isn't the end of the world and that they need to go for a comeback and evetually win. But scoring only a couple of goals on a team that had the best offense in the league can shatter your confidence.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
The Bolts move the puck well in the offensive zone but now that's to be expected, and is therefore readable. This is why other teams' goalies often look like Vezina candidates against the Bolts. They are not good however, at scoring greasy, unpredictable, sloppy goals.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Bolts move the puck well in the offensive zone but now that's to be expected, and is therefore readable. This is why other teams' goalies often look like Vezina candidates against the Bolts. They are not good however, at scoring greasy, unpredictable, sloppy goals.

Bingo. There's no plan B with this offense.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
From Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts:

13. Tampa Bay led the NHL with 262 goals in 2014-15, one more than Dallas. This season, they are on pace for 189, which would place the Lightning 23rd. Going through the NHL Guide and Record Book, I can’t find a team that dropped farther from first place the following season. Took an informal poll from three teams who have faced them this year. All of them said some variation of, “The Lightning are way too good for this to continue.†But there were some constructive critiques: “Not enough junk to the net…Too fine with their shots, not creating enough second chances.†And: “Overpassing…need to learn to get their noses dirtier to score.â€

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
As hard as this is to believe from a Cooper coached team, this team seems to be missing heart and fire. I know many, including SFY, will swear up and down until they are blue in the face that having a fourth line of hard working checkers is a thing of the past, but it works. You dont have to have a line of the Hansen Brothers, but a group that has size and goes into the corners with intent opens up the ice for others. With few exceptions, Tampa has drafted small the last few years at forward and it is showing. Syracuse is small and has yet to show the speed and skill the organization planned when it drafted the current crop of Crunch players.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As hard as this is to believe from a Cooper coached team, this team seems to be missing heart and fire. I know many, including SFY, will swear up and down until they are blue in the face that having a fourth line of hard working checkers is a thing of the past, but it works. You dont have to have a line of the Hansen Brothers, but a group that has size and goes into the corners with intent opens up the ice for others. With few exceptions, Tampa has drafted small the last few years at forward and it is showing. Syracuse is small and has yet to show the speed and skill the organization planned when it drafted the current crop of Crunch players.

That's what yzerman wants a speed skilled team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad