Whats going on with Kadri's concussion?

member 300185

I watched the replays several times and there was no hit to the head on either. He might have felt crappy because nobody came to his defense...but he didn't get a concussion.
Completely agree. I thought it was his ankle if anything.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As a person who has been concussed 8 times, 4 major ones and 4 minor ones. I can tell you that you cannot come back after only one week of being first concussed, let alone on skates skating at high speeds.

And that is what we know about after the concussion. He may have been told 3 or 4 days ago that he was healthy.

Kadri was not concussed.

I dont think the Leafs ever said it was a concussion. Its just an assumption on everyone elses part.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
As a person who has been concussed 8 times, 4 major ones and 4 minor ones. I can tell you that you cannot come back after only one week of being first concussed.....

Ummm.....Yeah..... (I'm trying to be nice here).... This explains A LOT...

Reactions: Kazparov

Skiskate

Nov 23, 2018
You don't need to hit your head on something to get a concussion.

Source: I got a concussion without hitting my head on anything

Same here. I was concussed from a clean body check in lacrosse. Zero head contact and my head never hit the ground. Head injuries are weird and unpredictable.

Hope kadri is back soon. We need our centre depth as strong as possible come april.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Same here. I was concussed from a clean body check in lacrosse. Zero head contact and my head never hit the ground. Head injuries are weird and unpredictable.

Hope kadri is back soon. We need our centre depth as strong as possible come april.

Yep. For me it was a judo throw. The guy was awkward with the throw and I didn't breakfall properly. Didn't hit my head but definitely got a concussion

Reactions: saffronleaf

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I'm just fine with ambiguity as the playoffs approach.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Well, thats something.

Kadri went down before last trade deadline too. A team cannot trade an injured player.

I'm not suggesting anything here. I like a good conspiracy.
Absolutely incorrect. How exactly did we get Horton?

EDIT: Apologies, it was mentioned already.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He needs the rest and relaxation.

Come back more focused

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Apparently we have a lot of doctors on here

Naw. Just informed people.

Come on over to our side. We also have snacks

giphy.gif

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Skating does mean something. That's fine you think that but it's good news he is on the ice.
It does. First they’ll sit hit until he’s symptom free for a week. Then he exercises at a slow pace to see if he feels any symptoms. Then they’ll ramp it up until he feels 100%. Everybody’s timeline is different but for him to be skating after a week makes me think he just had a headache or dizziness after the hit and they’re just following protocol.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Watching the last few games, and watching Nylander as the 3C, it's possible that he's headed for Robidas Island.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Watching the last few games, and watching Nylander as the 3C, it's possible that he's headed for Robidas Island.
We're not even talking something that's remotely possible there.

It's nice that Nylander can fill in at 3C successfully and play great. It creates depth and adds flexibility. But we're better off with a bargain third line center and having the ability to move Nylander up the lineup on the wing.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

It's nice that Nylander can fill in at 3C successfully and play great. It creates depth and adds flexibility. But we're better off with a bargain third line center and having the ability to move Nylander up the lineup on the wing.
Quite likely - I was just having fun.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

For now... offseason will bring choices and the need to fit a cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad