What's going on at HF Boards Bruins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Threads being locked down, posters being censored without being provided any explanation - there is a toxic element running through this place and more than a few are starting to ask questions.

The forum, in my opinion, is not being moderated consistently. I don't see any issues with Wally's moderation, but I see issues elsewhere.

Some of us do pay to be here, and although the cost is nominal, I think folks are owed a certain quality of service - at least consistent.

Deleting posts without informing the user why is cowardly and bush league.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
We have been seeing posters leave this place for a lot of reasons. I think some of what you discuss is one of those.

I do notice that for a place where content is drying up a little, we are way too strict on what makes for a topic of conversation. Other boards have way more diversity of ideas than we do.

I think the specifics behind moderation of "issues" is something I won't touch.

But we do want to solve this drop in participation imho. It's troubling.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would be nice if someone actually explained these things. It's becoming a huge joke at this stage.

I fully expect this to get locked in 10 minutes without any sort of explanation at all. I've had posts deleted yet I can't ask anyone why and explain myself or get an explanation.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is it possible moderators with allegiance to another team are infiltrating here?

It's very obvious some posters here are not bruin fans ... to me that's the annoying part. They come out in the masses when the bruins have bad games. I have a bunch blocked. Makes for a better experience.

I had to leave for a stretch ... this place can take things to far and it's certainly hard on the head.

For me the mods have been pretty consistent explaining reason when I do wrong so last night may have been an anomaly?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It definitely felt like a new phase when bot-driven moderation became acceptable and people began getting infractions solely because a bot picked up some keyword without any ability to grasp context. How that was ever considered a viable option was beyond our ignorant to me.

Moderation is definitely vital to this board. But without defined standards or any sort of recourse, it may do more harm than good.

Reactions: Bumper

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If anyone has issues with Site Moderation email the site via contact us button.
IMG_1087.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Let's cut to the chase.

1. You know who your mods are if you want an aswer on why something was deleted send them a message.

2. Most (like >80% of the time) posts are deleted for very obvious reasons like flaming and a notice is not sent. This is not new and has been the case for over 20 years.

3. Global mods have always acted on team forums when needed (reports are sent) this is also not new. The local moderators are the first line of moderation but are not always available.

4. There is no bot moderating by keyword. Or bot moderating at all.

5. We don't typically do public moderation complaining on HF this has also been the standard for over 20 years. That is why this thread is now locked.

6. negative posters who only come out after losses is normal on every single team board on HF. Some people only want to talk about their team when they want to complain it's human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad