Whats everyone think of Ovechkin's visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
wilka91 said:
Jeez, I want his visor! :cry:

russia_ovechkin_81459.jpg

Me too. Though if I wore that on the ice, I'm sure I would take a lot of crap for it.

Oh well, it's still so cool. ;)

Sideshow

May 24, 2002
Fernie, BC
I will honestly be going out ASAP and buying one whenever I can find it. It looks intimidating as hell and I think it would throw goalies for a loop, especially on a breakaway.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Eric Weinrich wears a yellow tinted visor. Rick Nash had a red one I believe (end of season I think). Why can't Ovechkin wear a "glossy" one. If the NHL bans it, it'd be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And really, the goalie shouldn't be looking at the player's face anyway........

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Wat do these different colored visors do?

yellow tint is suppose to clear ur view?

dark tint is suppose to be a like a one way mirror?

wats red suppose to do?

id personally like to try a few of these ive been looking for a yellow visor for a while...

Reilly311

As a hockey fan I don't really care, but if he's going to wear that in the NHL, he'd better back it up.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Reilly311 said:
As a hockey fan I don't really care, but if he's going to wear that in the NHL, he'd better back it up.
I hate that mentlity in the NHL...that if you are different you better be able to back it up. Id love to see some showboating/amazing skill without the veterans getting riled up....the NHL lacks creativity and FLOW....

thats what i hate about whats his face from the flyers that use to be on the flyers whining about getting a 30k signing bonus...some of this **** is just dumb....

if Ovo wants to wear that visor so be it. Why would he have to prove himself for wanting to be different? Federov wore one for a while didnt he?

Reilly311

Senor Rational said:
I hate that mentlity in the NHL...that if you are different you better be able to back it up. Id love to see some showboating/amazing skill without the veterans getting riled up....the NHL lacks creativity and FLOW....

thats what i hate about whats his face from the flyers that use to be on the flyers whining about getting a 30k signing bonus...some of this **** is just dumb....

if Ovo wants to wear that visor so be it. Why would he have to prove himself for wanting to be different? Federov wore one for a while didnt he?

Well I'd say 99% of the people on these boards believes he wears the visor because it makes him look cool. You know as much I and everyone else here that the visor is primarily used for "coolness". Fedorov wore a tinted visor. I agree I hate the mentality, but I don't want to see some hot shot rookie come in and act like he's played in it for 15 years. This is NOT the NBA. I'm sure Ovechkin isn't the first NHL player that wanted to wear that cool visor.

I think the NHL is the is the best when it comes to having to prove yourself and earn the respect of the people that came before you followed by the NFL in a close second. I don't care if he wears it in the NHL, but as long as he's producing.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Reilly311 said:
Well I'd say 99% of the people on these boards believes he wears the visor because it makes him look cool. You know as much I and everyone else here that the visor is primarily used for "coolness". Fedorov wore a tinted visor. I agree I hate the mentality, but I don't want to see some hot shot rookie come in and act like he's played in it for 15 years. This is NOT the NBA. I'm sure Ovechkin isn't the first NHL player that wanted to wear that cool visor.

I think the NHL is the is the best when it comes to having to prove yourself and earn the respect of the people that came before you followed by the NFL in a close second. I don't care if he wears it in the NHL, but as long as he's producing.
Very good respond....the exact point im trying to spill.....

If he wears it to look cool than thats fine with me as long as he is backing it up with his play...what I dont want to see is like some modern day goon clutch him and hold big and drag him an cheap shot him because of his visor.

I dont think he wears it to look cool I personally think he wears it to confuse defenders. I dont know ive never talked to the kid. Maybe hes just trying something new, I can only speculate. But hell, I want one. I think they look bad ass, if they confuse a few opponents, thats a plus

Reilly311

Senor Rational said:
I dont think he wears it to look cool I personally think he wears it to confuse defenders.

Or maybe he's trying to hide is ugly mug. :snide:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
ndhockey21 said:
That visor looks gay. He should get his head pounded into the ice for wearing that.
The visor looks like it is attraced to other visors? I hate when people use gay out of context. Sounds stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad