Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
DD3BE932-6D2E-4F28-B3C3-FEB3D8A70A1D.jpeg

Reactions: hockeynjune

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Crystal Skull Vodka and RedBull type of evening. Started with a clear, have to stick with it.

This will be a marathon drinking night for me, I have some brains to kill

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A holiday surprise. My favorite beer is New Belgium 1554, but they stopped selling it around here 4-5 years ago, so I haven't been able to find it. I was in Mebane and stopped at a Lowes food when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, 6 six-packs of New Belgium 1554 beer.

I don't drink much beer these days so a single six pack will probably last me a month, but I bought all they had so should be set for some time.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
A holiday surprise. My favorite beer is New Belgium 1554, but they stopped selling it around here 4-5 years ago, so I haven't been able to find it. I was in Mebane and stopped at a Lowes food when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, 6 six-packs of New Belgium 1554 beer.

I don't drink much beer these days so a single six pack will probably last me a month, but I bought all they had so should be set for some time.

Have you had one yet? Doesn't beer have a shelf life? Calling @DaveG

Reactions: MinJaBen

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Have you had one yet? Doesn't beer have a shelf life? Calling @DaveG
I just popped one open.

To be clear, the beer isn't "old", they still produce it. The bottle I opened has a May 2023 "best by" date. It's just the distribution in the Raleigh/Durham area stopped 4-5 years ago. (that's what Total Wine told me). Apparently, it's being distributed in the Mebane area though, which I just learned.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I just popped one open.

To be clear, the beer isn't "old", they still produce it. The bottle I opened has a May 2023 "best by" date. It's just the distribution in the Raleigh/Durham area stopped 4-5 years ago. (that's what Total Wine told me). Apparently, it's being distributed in the Mebane area though, which I just learned.
I go to Mebane just to get Smithfield’s Brunswick stew. Easy enough drive.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I thought so to, but apparently there's a bigger market for Voodoo Ranger and other beers (according to the guy at Total Wine)
Yeah, I can definitely see that, though TBH the Voodoo Ranger line does nothing for me for the most part. There's better IPAs that I can easily get in the Triangle or here in Winston. I much preferred the Belgian-style offerings that they built around.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
Saying good bye to the Christmas holiday by drinking Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Peppermint Porter. It's pretty minty and is definitely a dessert Porter.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
1554 is excellent. I see it in a mix pack from time to time but can’t remember the last time I came across it by itself.

The guy at Lowes in Mebane said they carry it there regularly. He said the distributor in that area carries it so other stores around Mebane should have it as well. It's never here in the Raleigh area, except as you said, in a mix pack from time to time.

Dec 30, 2013
I'll be going to Feis Ile this year and cannot wait. We'll unfortunately have to miss Ardbeg day (we're leaving the island on the 31st) but really hoping Laphroaig and/or Lagavulin have a more limited release this year.

Going to try and snag any limited Bowmore release, as well as anything Dramfool has.

Whether I'm able to get any of the limited releases or not, it will be great to pick up some bottles that aren't stocked in NC. Just wish we could fly back with as many as we'd like!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yesterday night the situation was emerging to become bad. My spouse asked me to repeat it twice when I told her that it's actually the last of our coffee that I was just in process of putting into our Moccamaster. It was very close that I hadn't to rush for the store to secure some for morning.

The salvation came in two parts:

1) our coffee house working daughter visited us during Christmas and half-jokingly brought us a slightly water-damaged pouch of coffee beans that they couldn't use for business, and

2) this bad boy which still grinds the bean just like the day it was brought to our house 19 years ago:

hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad