What your teams need for the 2015 draft.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Flyers

-Skilled wingers who have + skating ability and offensive upside
-RHD
-Goalie prospects (Flyers like big goalies)

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
:wings Top 4 potential RHD or 1-2C

Werenski like mentioned above would be an awesome pick and definitely would give a good amount to move up to snag. Plus he is best buds with Larkin!

Well but that's not what we need at this draft. We drafted C last year and we're stacked with D prospects, Sproul are RHD. I would say Detroit needs more G depth and a refill of D prospects, but not with a special focus on RHD. Also, 1 or 2 wingers, preferably one scoring and one hard-working, physically dominant winger.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
:leafs

Everything. If you can name it, we need it. Two way centers with size, goal scoring wingers with size, mobile two way defensemen, and a blue chip goalie prospect.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
EDM

top centre man - One of Eichel or McDavid will fix that problem
size on the wing, left or right shooting
Right shooting dmen with size
goalie

With PIT's pick we got we can actually fill three of those
McEichel
Spencer
Roy/Musil

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets are looking for BPA pretty well. If it was a choice between two equal guys, probably defenseman, center, winger in that order.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
EDM

top centre man - One of Eichel or McDavid will fix that problem
size on the wing, left or right shooting
Right shooting dmen with size
goalie

With PIT's pick we got we can actually fill three of those
McEichel
Spencer
Roy/Musil

^good point! after likely taking one of McEichel, unless the Pens pick and the high 2nd rounder are both used to trade up or acquire a good vet that we need with a draft day trade, acquiring a big potential 2/3 center like Adam Musil and RD like Matt Spencer, Rasmus Andersson, Brandon Carlo or Nicholas Meloche would solve a couple of glaring problems in our system. Musil, like Chase, Yakimov and Khaira, would give us our big centers of the future, and one of Spencer, Andersson, Carlo or Meloche would give us a RD in a d-man prospect list full of LD.

on a personal note, i'd like to see the Oilers try to score another low 1st or high 2nd rounder and take big and rugged scoring winger Jesse Gabrielle of the Regina Pats. 6' 215 tree stump that dare i compare him to Moroz? but perhaps more talented? i noticed our bigger guys in the AHL aren't exactly lighting up the score sheet, so why not take a chance on another?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas could use some skilled wingers, preferably a skilled LW. I would like to see them grab a goalie within the first 4-5 rounds. We took a lot of D men last year, but that's never a bad thing.

Also a center with top six upside would be good

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Rangers:

Top Need - LHD, RHD
Take a Look - RW, C
We're Set - LW, G

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm A point a game forward
RW to play with Ehlers and Petan

if we can get McD,

punishing Shut down left D to play with Bogo
Buff Enstrom
Morrissey Trouba

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
We don't need another LD, we can't even make room for the 2 we have!! We also have our first line of the future in DJ Scherby to play along side PAC and Chucky

What we need is an RHD to play behind Subban

You don't think that RD's like Dietz, Pateryn, Thrower and Lernout have a chance at being in the lineup someday?

As far as I'm concerned, I'd be happy with a Top-4 D-man or a Center to support Chucky.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Well but that's not what we need at this draft. We drafted C last year and we're stacked with D prospects, Sproul are RHD. I would say Detroit needs more G depth and a refill of D prospects, but not with a special focus on RHD. Also, 1 or 2 wingers, preferably one scoring and one hard-working, physically dominant winger.

The problem is Detroit drafts goalies every other draft historically. We also don't blow high draft picks on them. Mrazek is developing into a starting goalie and Howard isn't too close to retirement. Most certainly if a 1C upside center prospect is on the board when we are drafting we should be all over that. Yes we do have Larkin as a potential top 1-2C but after him it drops to either AA or Janmark. Hopefully Larkin reaches his potential and with Sheahan they create a good 1-2 punch.

Sproul, Marchenko, and Jensen are our only RHD prospects in the system. Sproul is a boom or bust type and Marchenko has injury issues to overcome. Hopefully both of them reach their potential but in our current system Kronwall, Smith, XO, and DeKeyser are lefties I would like to see for a long time. Therefore, I would put an emphasis on righties however if a lefty like Provorov is on the board snag 'em.

Wingers I wouldn't grab unless someone falls like Mantha. We have a young stable of them. (Nyquist, Tatar, Pulks, Mantha, Bert, Nasty, AA)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nucks

Offensive #1C
DEFENSIVE PROSPECTS
We might as well get more goalies too since we'll be trading goalies every other season :sarcasm:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wild need to focus on a center and a goalie, IMO. Other forwards being secondary needs. Defense is probably the least needed.

Based on draft position there is a possibility of a guy like Marner or Strome, but we're more likely to be in a position for Zacha/Barzal/somebody else

We have some solid goalies in the system but nobody that really stands out. Grabbing another goaltender in the 3rd or 4th would be ideal.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sabres:
-Game-breaking offensive talent of any kind
-Top 6 potential wingers with good skating and shooting
-More of a "want" than a "need", but I'd like another mid to late round goalie and an offensive-minded LHD (a potential PPQB type)

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Wild need to focus on a center and a goalie, IMO. Other forwards being secondary needs. Defense is probably the least needed.

Based on draft position there is a possibility of a guy like Marner or Strome, but we're more likely to be in a position for Zacha/Barzal/somebody else

We have some solid goalies in the system but nobody that really stands out. Grabbing another goaltender in the 3rd or 4th would be ideal.

I'd pick BPA especially if the Wild are in the top 10. Also I'd bite on a goalie in the 2nd/3rd if available. We need everything as of now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad