What would you rather?

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Thinking back to 2007 until now and all the hardship the fans have gone through would you rather have had a competent Managment group take over in 2010 as Taylor Hall was drafted or take the next 5 as they were to be where we are today?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
are we talking Chia and TMAC in charge 5 years ago or just whoever was available back then?

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
This season keeps screaming act of god to me. I for one see the benefit of Chiarelli, Mclellan and Mcdavid seeing this dumpster fire one last time. It allows Chia to evaluate the team in a way only all these injuries will allow (what that means only time will tell). It allows Mclellan to get a glimps of what players have had to deal with the last 5 years and see which ones still want to be here. It allows Mcdavid the chance to play for a bottom dwelling team and battle through the adversity and grow through the pressure and challenges. It allows for one more high draft pick if they use it or not it doesn't matter but if it ends up being Laine it will have Karmas ***** hands all over it.

The other night when we were down 3-0 against San Jose and the fans were cheering with 6 min left reminded me how important the fans have been through all of this. IMO there are MABEY 2 other markets that would have put up with that much **** for that long. If at any point change would have occurred earlier Mcdavid/Chiarelli would most likely not be here. It's been a hard road for those that bleed copper and blue but there may be a point to all of it when it's all said and done.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
If competent management means not having a decade without playoffs then that's my choice. Some fans are close to be 30 years old without ever being legal drinking age for a playoff game.

Even if we only had a 1% chance at McDavid, he was always going to be ours.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
I would never advocate what the oilers went through but considering the talent available when we drafting high it's good to get mcdavid. If we had gotten say Stamkos and Hedman like the lightning hell no.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
All that matters is that it is a competent Managment group, If you don't think chia and Tmac are competent use others.

that's the point I think they're top tier

so I'm glad we have them

if we had Tortorella and whoever..... I'd rather wait and have McDavid

....probably :D

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't know it's a fair question, because luck is involved with McDavid arrival, plus one year removed from a Stanley Cup final appearance, it's hard to be honest about how things were then, it all feels like happy hindsight glasses.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Now that we have gone through the pain already its a no brainer..

Chia\Mclellan\McDavid\Talbot

We are in better shape going forward due to the suckage than anything we would have done otherwise.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To get McDavid, everything that had to happen .... it was worth it.

In a way, getting McDavid I feel like finally closed a wound in Gretzky being traded in 1988 and the exodus of players soon after.

It goes beyond just the 2006 Run.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
that's the point I think they're top tier

so I'm glad we have them

if we had Tortorella and whoever..... I'd rather wait and have McDavid

....probably :D

For arguments sake the Managment group would be just as good or better. More important as to wether you would have the turn around in 2010 as opposed to now with all that has happened since.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I live having McDavid, but I would be all over better management during that time 10/10. One very important thing that I'd like to think would come of it would be better drafting...

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
For arguments sake the Managment group would be just as good or better. More important as to wether you would have the turn around in 2010 as opposed to now with all that has happened since.

Well it's great having McDavid, but you can't compare that to having a couple of championships and continued success if that's what we're getting at

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
Competent management. The damage that's been done to this frachise over the past 10 years would've been enough to sink most teams, and yes we have McDavid but we still suck. Hard say it's been worth it at this point. If we have the same record at this time next year I could see all of our shiny toys jumping ship, and I wouldn't even be mad at them for it. I know some fans think we've turned a corner with new management, coach and McD, but the situation is still dire IMO. McDavid bought them another year in regards to the fans, but good luck filling the new building in year 2 if we still suck and McD and Hall ask for a trade. Next season is do or die IMO.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
depends how the next couple years unfold. Im 22 now, and i cant imagine how much more fun my 18-22 would have been if the Oilers were even just in the playoffs.

If get good real fast maybe it'll be worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad