What would you rather: NA vs Russia?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Canada is going to steamroll either of them, but I'd like to see team NA play one more game just for entertainment value.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I don't really get why this is a question.

Some would like the Oilers back for training camp and are worried about potential injury. Just a poll to see where the majority thinks. Part of me rather they come home early but that game yesterday was just to good.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Russia

2 reasons;

1) I'm older than most here and thus remember and rekindle in my mind all the famous Canada vs Russia classics of old which really were the best. Those younger don't have those recollections or nostalgia for those finals.

2)McDavid and Nuge have gotten all the battery charging they need out of this tourney. Time to be Oilers and get set for what is a big and important season here. Being an Oiler is more important than playing for a non nation. jmo

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
McDavid and others getting a chance to win the first ever WCH is more important than a non playoffs season on the Oilers

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I actually want them back in camp, but can see the other view as well.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Russia.

I don't want the kids getting injured.

I don't even want them in pre season games.

You know our luck.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
both are great options. I go with NA, but I definitely prefer Russia over the Fins, and even the Swedes.

If it weren't for having McDavid and Nuge on the team, I would cheer for Russia probably, just to get that Canada-Russia matchup. Russia also is an exciting team with great offensive players as well, so it's not like picking between a boring team and an exciting one. They're both fun to watch.

Last edited:

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
North America doesn't play today, but I'll be cheering for Finland to win so that NA plays canada in the semis. Playing competitive games against the best players in the world is way better for McDavid and Nuge's development then the early stages of a training camp.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
NA, and I don't understand why anyone would not want them to beat Russia. Then we get to see them play and lose to Canada. It only delays our players by, what, a couple of days. How could people not want that? :handclap:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I want the best against the best in this tournament.

The Russians have some lethal offense and great goaltending.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
NA, and I don't understand why anyone would not want them to beat Russia. Then we get to see them play and lose to Canada. It only delays our players by, what, a couple of days. How could people not want that? :handclap:

Conflicted.

The prospect of seeing Canadians playing against Canadians in a supposed international tournament is weird. Also probably even weirder for the players.

If this tourney had just a friendly exhibition feel to I could see it. But theres already been quite a few injuries in what has been a somewhat physical tourney.

I dunno. I don't want McDavids first experience at this level being playing AGAINST Canada, I want to see him wearing the sweater.

How about Team Canada + McDavid against Team NA plus poor Phil Kessel and his dog. ;)

please

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada

Plus it pushes Gaudreau talks back into camp, and it also helps him earn more!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I want to see Team NA play Canada. And beat them.

pffffttt

have at er..

Ccl0y5YXIAAxMp5.jpg

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Team NA all the way! Definitely see the appeal for Team Russia though. A lot of my favourite players are on that team and they're usually my second favourite after Canada.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
After that NA/Russia game, I would be more than happy to see the Russian players depressed by yet another Russian choke job, not getting into the semi's.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
After that NA/Russia game, I would be more than happy to see the Russian players depressed by yet another Russian choke job, not getting into the semi's.

That was a great game, made better because neither club rolled over. I would say of all the games that was one that was fairly wide open with lots of rushes and nice plays.

NA and Russia are both talented and entertaining squads.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That was a great game, made better because neither club rolled over. I would say of all the games that was one that was fairly wide open with lots of rushes and nice plays.

NA and Russia are both talented and entertaining squads.

It was, but Russia won, so I want to see them suffer now :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad