What would you prefer: Top 4 Dman or Top 6 LW?

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Definitely top 4 D-man. Our strength is rolling 4 strong lines. I have no problems with rolling Hoffman, Milo, Macarthur, Condra or Puempel (in no paticular order). If everyone was healthy and we rolled:
Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Milo-Zibby-Ryan
Condra-Pageau-Lazar
Hoffman/Puempel-Legwand-Chiasson/Puempel

We're be just fine offensively. Plus have solid players on each line.

I think replacing Wiercoch or moving him to 3rd pairing with Gryba/Boro would be the best. Was hoping Cowen would be that guy, but it keeps looking unlikely.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We have Prince, Puempel, Lidberg and Paul as Lws with top 6 upside who are currently successful at their levels. We have Hoffman, MacArthur, Michalek and Condra as Lws currently on the roster.

We have Wikstrand and Harpur as the only prayers for a top 4 dman

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Of course a top 4 LD.

Another top pairing level guy to anchor the second unit would be absolutely awesome, someone for Ceci to grow old with...

But that's gonna cost more than we're likely willing to pay.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It would be awesome to find a left handed number 3 D would can work PP1 with Karlsson and help moving the puck with Ceci. Maybe it's Wiercioch, but I would absolutely love to stumble into a Bobby Ryan trade, but for a 2nd pairing D-man.

BigBush*

Neither. I'm fine with letting Weircoch play as a top 4 D next year

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Could maybe target Cody Franson to play second pairing right side and slide Ceci down to third pairing for a season or two?

Of course, what hurts is that Borowiecki is a better D than Gryba... except I don't know how he does on the left side?

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Franson
PW/Boro-Ceci

BigBush*

Could maybe target Cody Franson to play second pairing right side and slide Ceci down to third pairing for a season or two?

Of course, what hurts is that Borowiecki is a better D than Gryba... except I don't know how he does on the left side?

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Franson
PW/Boro-Ceci

Cowen-Franson would be beyond awful

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I have confidence in the forward corp. I have little to no confidence in the defense.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Top 6

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek/MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Paul
Puempel
Prince

we got 4 and a half spots locked in our top 6 with a weakness on LW, we have lots of depth at that position however.

Top 4 D
Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Vikstrand
Claesson
Wideman

3 and a half spots locked in top 4 moving forward with three guys potentially able to fill the roll.

I still rather get the top 4 because without a complete top 4 D you can't be competitive in this league .

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Franson
PW/Boro-Ceci

Boro is a LD, so playing with Ceci wouldn't be a problem.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
With an extra ~$5M two-way defensemen this team would be so much more sound. Look what Stralman's done for Tampa, Niskanen for the Caps, and Boychuk/Leddy for the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad