What would you prefer this year: 8th or 16th

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I don't think we'll finish DFL in the East. Maybe 12th-13th like another poster said. I'm curious to see what Babcock can do with this team but Im definitely not expecting 8th

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
So counter question.

Who is the east can we beat (points wise) and who is untouchable? I think you will have a hard time saying the Leafs (current composition) are worse than every other team in the east.

Rankings from last year:

Buffalo - got better but did they get 14 points better?
Leafs - lost Kessel, added allot of 'prove it' contracts. Better coach.
Carolina - about the same as last year, maybe slightly worse. Beat leafs by 3 points
New Jersey - once again, id say about the same as last year. Beat leafs by 10 points

Playoff locks: (IMO)
NYR, MTL, TB, NYI, PIT, WSH
Bubble: Detroit, Ott, Bos, Columbus.

To me that is 6 teams they cant catch realistically, and 4 id be surprised if they can hang with.

SO. Id bet (as of current team makeup) finishing 15 - 11 (13 is avg)

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
So counter question.

Who is the east can we beat (points wise) and who is untouchable? I think you will have a hard time saying the Leafs (current composition) are worse than every other team in the east.

Here's how I break it down.

Teams we have a realistic chance of beating (around 50/50 chance, maybe higher):
Devils
Hurricanes

Teams we have a small chance of beating (if we play well and they play poorly):
Bruins
Sabres
Flyers

Teams we have almost no chance of beating (like one in a thousand):
Red Wings
Panthers
Senators
Blue Jackets

Teams we have no chance of beating:
Capitals
Penguins
Rangers
Islanders
Lightning
Canadiens

I see us finishing in the 12-16 range. I would be pretty surprised if we finished dead last; I think 13-15 is most likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad