What would you give up for the Number #1 pick in 2006 Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF

Résidences Soleil?
Apr 7, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Some of the offers being bandied about are pretty hefty for a guy like Kessel, but I wouldn't be surprised if some team was infatuated with Erik Johnson enough to offer the moon for him. He's got a TON of upside.

It's exactly what I'm thinking, and personally, I would offer a lot to get Johnson. You have to pay to get this kind of talent. But perhaps I'm the only one who is thinking like this (considering the reaction of other habs fans)...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JF said:
It's exactly what I'm thinking, and personally, I would offer a lot to get Johnson. You have to pay to get this kind of talent. But perhaps I'm the only one who is thinking like this (considering the reaction of other habs fans)...

Johnson could be another Chris Pronger. Who wouldn't give up a ton for that kind of player?

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
TheChief said:
As far as the Rangers go:

Al Montoya, Michael Sauer, and 2006 1st rounder.

Montoya, Baranka, Immonen and 2006 1st rounder.

I think Sauer is gonna be a good one...right up there with Staal. I'd rather give up Immonen AND Baranka over Sauer.

Cyclops II*

Captain_Cunney said:
Martin Havlat and pick/prospect

???????

The Blues say we'll take that offer and run. Havlat is a star player and IMO a key to Ottawa's Cup chances. If he doesn't return for the playoffs they are in trouble. Unless he disrupts team chemistry the Senators should keep him.

Re: Shark proposal -
There is no way the Sharks would trade Hannan. He was a top shutdown man in 03-04. He was terible in the first 25games this year but it might have taken him that long to adjust to the new NHL. He has been playing well in the last 15 or so games.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The Blues don't consider anyone's offer unless their 1st-round pick is included. That being said, for the Blues to move out of the top 4 it's going to have to be an incredible, "no way we can pass this up" offer. (read: high-end, top-notch forward prospect, 1st round pick in '06 and probably another player or two or picks - to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad