Speculation: What Would You Give Up for Taylor Hall?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Nothing. F that Guy.

What it would cost would defeat the purpose of what we are building for only to gain some short term satisfaction.

Bps21*

Not what it would take.

I wouldn't move my top assets. Girgensons, risto, Reinhart or the 1st this year... Wouldn't do it. I believe in what we are building here and throwing key pieces out for a scoring winger no matter how talented...i just believe that those are final pieces not building blocks.

I'd do a lot of the next tier...perhaps even overpay in them by some standards...but not my top pieces because...look...theres a reason he's available.

zadorov is the line. I listen with zadorov...but they will want me to add too much (i would add...just theyd ask for a ton of add) so i probably move on.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Myers straight up but I'm low on him relative to many.

The 1st straight up assuming Hall+roster makes the pick 10+.

Combination of anyone not on the roster except Reinhart

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The guy is injury prone.. He slipped on a puck skating onto the ice last year and his teammate happened to step on his face...... like what? :dunno:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Most I'd give is Myers and even that is pushing it because I view Myers development this year and possible leader of this team much higher than I view Hall. Myers/Gorges, Zads/Risto, Psysk/McCabe sounds incredible.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
A good point.

Myers+Neuvirth+Pysyk?

The hell with that.

Giving up players at a position you need to be strong in order to win for a scoring winger. The type of player at a position no team builds a Cup winner around. No thanks

They are the shiny toys that can make the regular season fun but are not the backbone of a Cup winner.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
My answer ... Nothing. I would give up nothing of significant value for Hall. I'd rather draft and develop our own scoring winger.

Bps21*

Pat Kane also was added to a team that had already found Keith, Seabrook and had just drafted a top C in Toews. Even in the Pat Kane argument...his team built the C and D first.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If they trade Hall, they will regret it nearly as much as Boston will end up regretting trading Seguin. In other words, it would be the quintessential Oilers move.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Pat Kane also was added to a team that had already found Keith, Seabrook and had just drafted a top C in Toews. Even in the Pat Kane argument...his team built the C and D first.

I fail to see the difference~

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If they trade Hall, they will regret it nearly as much as Boston will end up regretting trading Seguin. In other words, it would be the quintessential Oilers move.

Which is why it would be nice if we were on the other side of that deal.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
If Buffalo keeps winning, I'd roll the dice. If there's a way to do this without giving Reinhart/Zemgus/Grigs/Myers/Risto/Zadorov, it's a no-brainer.

I'd probably offer all three 1st rounders + 1-2 good prospects (Lemieux, Baptiste, McNabb, Pysyk).

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
If Buffalo keeps winning, I'd roll the dice. If there's a way to do this without giving Reinhart/Zemgus/Grigs/Myers/Risto/Zadorov, it's a no-brainer.

I'd probably offer all three 1st rounders + 1-2 good prospects (Lemieux, Baptiste, McNabb, Pysyk).

Haha. If the Oilers get McNabb and we get Hall I am all for that move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad