What would you do?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
admittedly, the little voice in my head is saying "the foo never disappoints"

but I really wanna go to the game...while I love concerts because of the show I hate concerts cause I am usually stuck next to some ***hole.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Foo Fighters are sold out. I had to wonder what this was about, took 20secs. So unless you want to pay resale prices or buy obstructed seats probably out of luck. But same thing with Home opener.

It would be like a +500buck night out for two in anycase. More if you want food and drinks.

Would say neither of the above, considering the price points.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anyway this should be in OT thread, not a separate thread. But since I'm here is it weird I can't think of one great song the Foo Fighters have put out in this millennium. Are they a long spend force? All my favorites are 90's tunes.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Foo Fighters are sold out. I had to wonder what this was about, took 20secs. So unless you want to pay resale prices or buy obstructed seats probably out of luck. But same thing with Home opener.

It would be like a +500buck night out for two in anycase. More if you want food and drinks.

Would say neither of the above, considering the price points.

Understood....for the amount of things we go to and the fact outtings are far and few between with a young one and being over an hour from Edmonton....not to concerned about "resale". :)

Go to the Foo while you pvr the game. Watch the game when you come home and then boink your wife afterwards. Everyone is happy
LOL....reminded me of this:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Your wife gives you the choice....

Home opener...or the Foo.

What do you do?

:banghead:
Unless you are a massive Chara fan I think you have to go to the Foo.

NHL home openers just aren't that special in my books.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
the Foo lost me after their mediocre and bland "One by One" record so the home opener is the obvious choice ;)

This is a very good point! I am more a fan of the older stuff too...and considering this is an album peddling tour....

I think the biggest thing now is the nostalgic tie to Nirvana. Since they only came to Edmonton the once in '91 to the Bronx when I was 14 and too young (though admittedly it was half a year before the release of Nevermind in the pre-Internet era so I had yet to even hear of them)....never got to see them.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Foo ???
upload_2018-9-17_10-0-34.jpeg

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I'm assuming they are free tickets as I wouldn't pay for either.

But can't stand the Foo Fighters, so I guess it would be home opener by default.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I must be in the minority but I don't think the Foo Fighters are a very good band. Going to the home opener would be an extremely easy choice.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
The Foo easily, you can be sure they won't disappoint. The Oil on the other hand....

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Did a quick google search and found out its a rock band... Oh hell naw, rock and roll? Id rather go to the Flames home opener than have to listen to rock music for 4 hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad