Speculation: What Would You Do This Off-Season? Part Two

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
It's simply really, we completely ignore the cap, we trade grossman, Luke schenn, a mac, brayden schenn, and rinaldo to Nashville for weber, Jones, josi, forsberg, and neal.
Then we trade ghoulbourne (or whatever) for ovechkin straight up, then we can trade vinny and Umberger to Chicago for kane and toews. Sounds fair let's make it happen hexy, bring that cup to philly :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's simply really, we completely ignore the cap, we trade grossman, Luke schenn, a mac, brayden schenn, and rinaldo to Nashville for weber, Jones, josi, forsberg, and neal.
Then we trade ghoulbourne (or whatever) for ovechkin straight up, then we can trade vinny and Umberger to Chicago for kane and toews. Sounds fair let's make it happen hexy, bring that cup to philly :laugh:

But when do we get the Orange Soda?

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Could you guys see a huge overhaul of the defense corps happening--like 2-3 players getting shipped out? What's a reasonable ask for each of the controlled defensemen?

Streit: ?
Schultz: ?
MDZ: ?
Schenn: ?
Gudas: ?
Grossmann: ?
MacD: ?

Edit:

Also, is there a way to look up which side a defenseman usually plays?

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
did anybody say stay out late & drink a lot of beer yet?

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Could you guys see a huge overhaul of the defense corps happening--like 2-3 players getting shipped out? What's a reasonable ask for each of the controlled defensemen?

Gudas and Grossmann are basically the same pony so I see both of them going.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013

Gudas is more like L. Schenn. They aren't trading Gudas after just trading for him, especially with his cap hit. They'll probably move Grossmann and L. Schenn.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Edit:

Also, is there a way to look up which side a defenseman usually plays?

MacD and Grossmann around here you'll hear a late round draft pick. Grossmann you would get that. MacD I don't think you're getting anything without eating salary.

Del Zotto? A 2nd or 3rd?

I don't see a major overhaul of the defense happening this year, if you mean to let the young guys come up. They need to cut some deadweight but I don't think it's coming this year.

Here is a link to the defensive pairings from this past year and the frequency they were used: http://leftwinglock.com/line-combin...=philadelphia-flyers&strength=EV&gametype=ALL

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
Since Hartnell got traded the huge hole on the team hasn't been replaced. That's right I'm talking about the ginger hole. I'm thinking Cody Eakin has red hair and played well with Couts at the WHC so why not get him?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope Hakstol uses MacDonald with Streit. They always put up good possession numbers together.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
MacD and Grossmann around here you'll hear a late round draft pick. Grossmann you would get that. MacD I don't think you're getting anything without eating salary.

Del Zotto? A 2nd or 3rd?

I don't see a major overhaul of the defense happening this year, if you mean to let the young guys come up. They need to cut some deadweight but I don't think it's coming this year.

Here is a link to the defensive pairings from this past year and the frequency they were used: http://leftwinglock.com/line-combin...=philadelphia-flyers&strength=EV&gametype=ALL

No, I don't mean to have the kids come up. Not sure if this would work given that I don't know the sides each player plays, but something like this: Streit, Schultz, MDZ, Gus (?), Gudas, Beauchemin (?), Zaitsev (?), Manning

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Macdonald most likely will still be here.

Ignoring the trades I think we will see something like this

Macdonald-Streit
Del Zotto-Schultz
Gostisbehere-Gudas
Manning

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No, I don't mean to have the kids come up. Not sure if this would work given that I don't know the sides each player plays, but something like this: Streit, Schultz, MDZ, Gus (?), Gudas, Beauchemin (?), Zaitsev (?), Manning

I doubt they get rid of MacDonald (not by choice) so I doubt you see Beauchemin as the cause & effect there.

I also doubt we see Gus as well as he just doesn't have a role on this team with guys like MDZ & Streit being here. If we get Zaitsev that would probably completely rule him out.

Fulton44*

Quite simply the Flyers MUST find a way to move Grossmann, Schenn, and ONE of Lecavalier/Umberger. If they can do that it will be a successful off season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers aren't going to outbid Anaheim and everyone else for Beauchemin. Giving a bunch of money and term to a 35 year old dman makes no sense for this current Flyers team.

Fulton44*

The Flyers aren't going to outbid Anaheim and everyone else for Beauchemin. Giving a bunch of money and term to a 35 year old dman makes no sense for this current Flyers team.
Hextall shouldn't be trying to add any free agents which will require "bidding" this summer. He needs to move some guys to clear up cap space and roster spots for young players. Load up in this draft and continue to move forward in that direction. About the only position they should be looking at in free agency (other than bargain bin shopping) is to get a good backup goalie.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

I agree. I like Beauchemin. He is in a great spot out in Anaheim and I think as long as the Ducks give him a decent offer he will stick around. I doubt money is an issue for him at this point of his career.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

Gudas isn't going anywhere. he's the cheapest D we have and is also RFA protected. and you don't trade a guy you just traded for.

Grossmann and Schenn are the two that need to be moved out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad