What Would It Take To Get Seabrook?

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
I am thinking he could be had for Martin Jones, Reilly Smith, Subban/Trotman, and a draft pick.

Thoughts?

If not Seabrook, who else could that package fetch?...for a 1st line d-man or a 1st line winger.

Thoughts on Seabrook and getting him on this team and signed for 4-5 years at 6.5M?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I am thinking he could be had for Martin Jones, Reilly Smith, Subban/Trotman, and a draft pick.

Thoughts?

If not Seabrook, who else could that package fetch?...for a 1st line d-man or a 1st line winger.

Thoughts on Seabrook and getting him on this team and signed for 4-5 years at 6.5M?

that package doesn't get seabrook. the bruins have nothing that will get seabrook. he will get closer to 8 million in FA. the only chip to get a first line forward or d left is rask. move rask, maybe get a first line forward or d. thats all they got left.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015

Thoughts?

That package likely can't fetch a 1st line Dman or Winger.

Seabrook is going to sign for much more than 4-5 at $6.5m

Which is why you don't nickel and dime 22yo top pairing guys and try to prove a point.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Not sure Seabrook will fetch 8M....he is getting older and will take less to be on a contender I would think or somewhere his family wants to live the rest of their lives.

Probably will fetch 7M or 7.5M though...might be too rich for us.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Nothing, they have Darling as backup and ton of D prospects.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bowman has said Seabrook will be back next season

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bla...blad-returning-to-blackhawks-on-two-year-deal

11. In the Stanley Cup celebration, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman jubilantly told Brent Seabrook he wasn’t going anywhere. All of the attention is on Marcus Kruger, Brandon Saad and Patrick Sharp. But Bowman is well-aware of Seabrook, who can be a UFA next summer. The two sides have talked and don’t be surprised if Chicago makes this a big priority in the next few weeks.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-canucks-bieksa-deserves-better/

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'm not sure any one forward or any one defenseman can help us.

We need two top 4 defensemen, and at least 1-2 top 6 forwards.

I really don't like the idea of Connolly being put there until he proves himself to be more than a gritty, tougher Reilly Smith.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Better chance to trade for Byfuglien in my opinion or get a defenseman in a trade for Rask.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seabrook was never an option.

Anyone in their right mind would re-sign him tomorrow. It won't take 8 million + for the Hawks to get him re-signed.

Sweeney on the other hand would of had him dealt for a 2nd rounder and a B-level prospect yesterday.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Bunch of crap for a top pairing D, seems about on par for the average trade proposed on HF.

Chicago will trim the fat on their team before they ship their stud D out for scraps. Oduya, Bickell, Sharp are all probably gone. Versteeg as well...

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Seabrook is not being traded. Bowman told him he's not going anywhere. And he is a competent GM, unlike ours.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
With our genious santa claus gm, he would give rask, pasta, bergy, krejci and 3 first round for seabrook, nothing less

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad