What would it take for the habs to move up in the draft

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I've heard this years draft is a weak one. But it seems the top 5 or 6 players are very strong with players like Kane, Turris, Voracek and JVD leading the way. What would it take for a team like Montreal who are picking 12th to move up to be able to get one of these gems.

I'm thinking there 12th overall pick and Kostisyn, or Latendresse, or maybe Plekanec.

Is that too much?

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Why would they give either of the first 2 to move up 7 spots?

The first one is showing signs of why he was drafted 10th and the 2nd one was a 19 years old kid already good enough for the nhl.

As for Plekanec... meeh. Maybe, but i wouldnt do it myself. Might consider it if the jump in the draft is significant (more than 7spots) and still

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
another hf poster enamored with potential rather than results. I hate the habs, but why would you want to give up either of Latendresse or Kostitsyn?

Both of these guys have fairly high ceilings and are both very young.

baboinfou

Mar 31, 2006
I've heard this years draft is a weak one. But it seems the top 5 or 6 players are very strong with players like Kane, Turris, Voracek and JVD leading the way. What would it take for a team like Montreal who are picking 12th to move up to be able to get one of these gems.

I'm thinking there 12th overall pick and Kostisyn, or Latendresse, or maybe Plekanec.

Is that too much?

Way too much!
Better keep the 12th to get Ellerby, Esposito or Couture. One will probably still available.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
The only player I would consider trading up for at this point is Alzner. The pick can be used to draft a very good player, like Zach Hamill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad