OT: What would be a worse situation?

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
1. Having Pavelec play 60+ games and be our regular starter, but have no Thorburn or Peluso in sight

OR

2. Have both Thorburn AND Peluso play as full time regulars in the lineup but Helle & Hutch are the two goalies

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I would much rather have Thorburn and Peluso as 4th liners.

Thorburn is a serviceable fourth line player. If he plays as a fourth liner, I'm not all that concerned. Its not ideal, but I think its going to happen.

Peluso is not an NHL level hockey player, but it is unlikely that the 6 minutes a game he plays leads to THAT many loses.
Sure his presence means a better player can't have those 6 minutes, and the first 3 lines are going to have to play more, but I'm prepared for that to keep Pavs out of the net.

Pavs is a bad goalie. I think him playing 60 games instead of Helle or Hutch significantly hurts our chances of winning.

In the end, I think a bad goalie is worse for a team than a bad 4th line.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Mediocre 4th liners can sometimes lose you games, but a mediocre starting goaltender can lose you a season.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Both options are dumb by management, both are preventable. PMO/Chevy? Step up

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Both situations are bad. Pav as our starter is the greater of the two evils. At least you can bury guys like Thor and Peluso by gluing them to the bench for long spells.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Having Pavs play 60 games likely means no playoffs. Much better chance at the playoffs with the 4th liners limited ice.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Pavelec as starter, especially if he performs like he has during his career, would be a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions. We have one of the NHL young elite goalies, ready to break out of the gates, and a clearly inferior goalie that will hopefully be gone at the end of the season, in his place.

If this scenario plays itself out, I will question the competence of Jets management.

Both situations are bad. Pav as our starter is the greater of the two evils. At least you can bury guys like Thor and Peluso by gluing them to the bench for long spells.

^
this

Last edited by a moderator:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thor and Peluso in the lineup can be minimized. Pavs as our starter would be disastrous.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We have already seen the worst situation of having Pavs as the starter for years... If we want to see more of the same... Rinse and repeat.

SIV

Mar 10, 2013
Having Thorburn and Peluso as 4th liners in today's NHL spells disaster. If this team wants to be competitive, and wants to make the playoffs it needs the 4th line to play 10+ minutes a game. If you have Peluso on for more than 5 minutes a game you're in trouble. Thorburn is manageable with decent line mates, Peluso is awful, but both at the same time on a regular basis, I would rather have Pavs.

I'm looking at this team with two top lines and lines of 3a and 3b. If you insert Peluso AND Thorburn in that mix, the 3b turns into a 5th line.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am waiting for an "all the above" option to magically appear.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

So that's why they're really called glue guys. ;)

Gimme Thor and Peluso over Pavs any day.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Worse case scenario realistically:

Pavelec gets 35+ starts.
Stuart plays 60+ games.
Thorburn plays 25+ games (more than Petan & Dano).

How we're still stuck with this trio of suck 6 seasons on... no excusing it. A clear sign management doesn't give a #### about getting better anytime soon, will continue to waste Wheeler & Buff's prime years.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Either option would be great for the Moose, and bad for the Jets. Gotta bench Pavs.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We can win with Thor and Peluso playing 6-8 min on the 4th line. We cannot win without good goaltending. So Pav starting is worse.

You left out worst though. Add Stu to either option. :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad