What would be a smart move???

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I think winning is key here. People aren't going to spend money on crap. So start winning and people will forget about this, for the most part.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Assuming they scrimmage the P- Bruins, open up the Garden to the public. Otherwise- put a good product on the ice and they will come.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Free Center Ice to one and all thru the playoffs!!!! Great way to not only thank the public but bring in new fans and increase future HRR (hey now)

For season ticket holders- [probably a free exhibition game vs Prov; open practices at Garden for all- make it as entertaining as possible for kids

discounted selected items all year- 24 games they can afford half price on popcorn, soft drinks, water, and pretzels; and hot dogs on all matinee games

End of year Thank You pack including a $50 credit with no other purchase attached to any season ticket holders for inventory in the Pro Shop to be used in July and August.

I'm full of ideas (and other stuff:help:) but those are some simple things

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Free Center Ice to one and all thru the playoffs!!!! Great way to not only thank the public but bring in new fans and increase future HRR (hey now)

For season ticket holders- [probably a free exhibition game vs Prov; open practices at Garden for all- make it as entertaining as possible for kids

discounted selected items all year- 24 games they can afford half price on popcorn, soft drinks, water, and pretzels; and hot dogs on all matinee games

End of year Thank You pack including a $50 credit with no other purchase attached to any season ticket holders for inventory in the Pro Shop to be used in July and August.

I'm full of ideas (and other stuff:help:) but those are some simple things

Once again Dan.. you make too much sense.. you need to stop doing that. Half off.. on concessions?... If that happens i'll meet up with you and buy you an $8 dollar guinness. (or would be like 4 or $6 dollars haha).

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Are there actually going to be exhibition games?

Resignations of Bettman and Fehr are what is required to make most fans feel better about things IMO.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Are there actually going to be exhibition games?

Resignations of Bettman and Fehr are what is required to make most fans feel better about things IMO.

This would be a start as far as I am concerned. But only a start.

By all means televise the exhibition games. Though I am not sure the NHL can get those scheduled given the short time frame until the regular season starts.

Free Center Ice. Huge discounts [50% or more] on all concessions and merchandise. Special, meaningful things for the STHs who kept their packages- those folks got hammered financially for their loyalty- like a discount equal to the # of games they lost this season if they renew for 2013-14.

NHL & NHLPA need to do serious fence mending here. And I mean serious. I have to wonder if either side realizes just how much trouble they are in with the fans. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad