What will the P1-P3 5 year renewal % be?

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Yup, I feel like most of them. 95%-99%. I don't think those people are going to let having held those tickets through these tough seasons go when it's just starting to look like our really great prospects are ready to come start making us into a winner.

Right? :cry:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
No way it's that high unless they fake the numbers.
Season ticket holders are season ticket holders because they could always sell other games and make money, or at the very least sell at cost, and quickly. This last year people were selling tickets below regular price. There's no way all those people are going to renew.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
The question implies it has yet to happen. I assume the renewals were due already.

You are correct. The P3's renewed at a rate of just under 97% and the P1's and P2's just a bit better but right around there as well.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I am pleasantly surprised. With the economy taking a downturn and the "new car smell" all but gone I figured that more people would have passed.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The opportunity to purchase Heritage Classic tickets probably encouraged some P1-P2 season seat holders to renew. Without the season seat membership, it will be fairly difficult to acquire tickets to that weekend.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
The opportunity to purchase Heritage Classic tickets probably encouraged some P1-P2 season seat holders to renew. Without the season seat membership, it will be fairly difficult to acquire tickets to that weekend.

I think that's a bit of a stretch... Would you commit 10's of thousands of dollars for 5 more years because of one event?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The P1's were over 95%. There were a few older people who couldn't renew due to health and a couple of others but it was next to zero turn over. I dropped from 6 seats to 4 seats but six was just way too much inventory and I thought someone else should get a shot at the great seats too. I will still have more than I need so it's all good.

arbf412

Dec 3, 2011

A five year commitment for a pair of P1s will cost me roughly $65000. I think if all I really wanted were Heritage Classic tickets, I could probably bite the bullet, pay the market rate on Stubhub, and save, oh, I don't know, $63000.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Season ticket holders are season ticket holders because they could always sell other games and make money, or at the very least sell at cost, and quickly. This last year people were selling tickets below regular price. There's no way all those people are going to renew.

Wrong, completely wrong.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You are correct. The P3's renewed at a rate of just under 97% and the P1's and P2's just a bit better but right around there as well.

I hadn't heard the renewal rate for the P1 and P2 STHs yet, but I'm not surprised. P1 and P2 were pretty much sold out before the sale to the general public (Moose STHs and corp partners snapped them up). That's going to be the most loyal and well-heeled part of the fanbase.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A five year commitment for a pair of P1s will cost me roughly $65000. I think if all I really wanted were Heritage Classic tickets, I could probably bite the bullet, pay the market rate on Stubhub, and save, oh, I don't know, $63000.

Yes, but you also get 15% off at Jets Gear! :sarcasm:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
They have to sell them on hope. they know that the team is working better than this, and hopefully the best years are ahead. They'll have to sell it on that merit. We've got some good kids in the stable, and a hopefully high pick in this year's draft. Hopefully Pavelec ****s off.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I have absolutely no problem believing the numbers and the reason is as PS pointed out some ST had more than they needed and some due to age and health are unable to keep attending games. But the vast majority, myself included are now STH's for life. Most STH are willing to live through the down years and revel in the good years. The important thing is we have an NHL team again and if we don't support it in good times and bad it will one day be someone else's team. I promised myself if we ever got a team back I would always do what I could to make sure it never left again. That commitment does not change year to year dependent solely with the product on the ice. Happily we have such a bright future with all the talent coming aboard I expect our team to be a strong contender by the time I have the pleasure of renewing in 5 years.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I have absolutely no problem believing the numbers and the reason is as PS pointed out some ST had more than they needed and some due to age and health are unable to keep attending games. But the vast majority, myself included are now STH's for life. Most STH are willing to live through the down years and revel in the good years. The important thing is we have an NHL team again and if we don't support it in good times and bad it will one day be someone else's team. I promised myself if we ever got a team back I would always do what I could to make sure it never left again. That commitment does not change year to year dependent solely with the product on the ice. Happily we have such a bright future with all the talent coming aboard I expect our team to be a strong contender by the time I have the pleasure of renewing in 5 years.

Well said! I honestly don't know why some insist on spinning everything negatively. Let's just face it the fan base here is strong and will continue to be strong as long as there is a passion in the organization to succeed. We are extremely fortunate to have been given a second chance in the NHL and I as well as tens of thousands of other fans and season ticket holders will do our part to make sure we don't blow it!

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
You gotta figure with this sort of renewal rate and constant sell out crowds they wish they'd built a bigger arena.

They had to have their arm twisted to build it this big. They wanted to build a 12000 seat arena initially.

It will be interesting going forward now that the secondary market appears to be drying up somewhat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad