News Article: What will it take to get Regier fired?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I was ok with Darcy staying up until now. Him not going through an actual coaching search is just pathetic. The guy needs to go.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Obviously Darcy's pretty secure in his job if he doesn't even need to conduct a ****ing coaching search.

Yes, it became very pretty obvious at the end of season presser how this organization is run.

Darcy is answerable to Pegula. And presumably, Sawyer concurs.

Ted Black is President but he's not Darcy's boss. Darcy only has to satisfy Pegula and it appears, Sawyer.

The coach is Darcy's selection. And Darcy can fire the coach at his discretion. (Darcy stays, Ruff pays. Seems a little slimey to me....... for being best buds and all.....)

Pegula has bought Darcy's narrative hook, line and sinker. Apparently, Sawyer agrees.

So, Darcy is secure as long as Pegula and Sawyer are happy.

And as others have pointed out, Darcy has played this situation masterfully. If the Sabres suck, he can say I told you so. If they improve faster than expected, he can claim credit. If they faulter in anyway, he can blame and fire the coach.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. So yes, Darcy is indeed very secure.

The really bad news is if you hate Darcy and want him gone, you are going to be a very unhappy Sabre fan for at least a couple/few years.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
What will it take to get Darcy fired you ask?

meteorg.jpg

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Yes, it became very pretty obvious at the end of season presser how this organization is run.

Darcy is answerable to Pegula. And presumably, Sawyer concurs.

Ted Black is President but he's not Darcy's boss. Darcy only has to satisfy Pegula and it appears, Sawyer.

The coach is Darcy's selection. And Darcy can fire the coach at his discretion. (Darcy stays, Ruff pays. Seems a little slimey to me....... for being best buds and all.....)

Pegula has bought Darcy's narrative hook, line and sinker. Apparently, Sawyer agrees.

So, Darcy is secure as long as Pegula and Sawyer are happy.

And as others have pointed out, Darcy has played this situation masterfully. If the Sabres suck, he can say I told you so. If they improve faster than expected, he can claim credit. If they faulter in anyway, he can blame and fire the coach.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. So yes, Darcy is indeed very secure.

The really bad news is if you hate Darcy and want him gone, you are going to be a very unhappy Sabre fan for at least a couple/few years.

You sum up the entire situation perfectly in this post.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
This I dont understand. Under Regier the Sabres are near the bottom of the NHL in terms of years making the playoffs, but your problem is with Jerry Sullivan.

Makes sense.

Well, i've liked almost all of Darcy's moves as they've happened, as have many others. I just haven't forgotten that. I don't think the team has not been successful because of the GM and I could argue this all day, but won't because I understand the opposing view and ultimately, none of us have enough info to really evaluate his performance. All we have are the moves we know about, which I've liked, and the results, which have been mixed.

On the other hand, I DO think the fans/media's negative attitude and constant scandal searching hurts the players and the team. I'm all for the media asking tough questions and some frustration is totally understandable, but these guys like Sullivan are letting emotion and self-importance create the narratives rather than the facts. Hear that presser the other day? Hearing people so bent on having someone else lose their job rubs me the wrong way and i think Sullivan doesn't conduct himself like a professional. That's why i said what i said. I don't actually want him fired either.

I'm looking forward to the draft to see what Darcy can add for this team. I'm optimistic.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Not all of us. But it is rather amusing that the Darcy supporters or Pegula apologists label us as peanut gallery types while we rant about this crap. All the while becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NHL.
That said the answer to the question on Darcy is after missing the playoffs again next year.

:shakehead I'm thinking I was wrong now and think the only way Darcy goes is missing the playoffs the next TWO seasons in a row.
Pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad