What will be management's next reluctant move?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
We've discussed the many moves that Oilers management have made long after the world told them they should; the lasted being the firing of Eakins, which MacT waited till the season was lost, to do what was obvious a month earlier.

What will be their next move that pundits, and armchair GMs, told them to do?

1. Move a core player. Something they said they'd never do.
2. Hire an experienced coach.

That's all I've got for now.

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
The next reluctant move will be to call up Marincin. For some reason they really don't want to call him up.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
my wife is a breast cancer survivor and while going through treatment she and some others were talking about prayer and positive thinking and I said but you're not oiler fans then she pissed herself laughing.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
trade Fasth for nothing then move a 2nd-4th round pick on another project goalie who wont make a difference and look worse here then they ever have.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
To tell you the truth, I'm starting to believe the only move that's coming is the Purge (course, we told them that, too).

Its got to be inevitable now, no?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The next reluctant move will be to call up Marincin. For some reason they really don't want to call him up.

I think he might be getting close to being waiver eligible due to games played. Probably why he was sent down in the first place.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I want nothing to be done or ruined until Lowe and MacT are gone. It's absolutely insane to me that thy are both sill here, I cAnt even

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think he might be getting close to being waiver eligible due to games played. Probably why he was sent down in the first place.

Which makes no sense, because if he's up here, he'd be a better defensive option than Schultz, Nikitin, and Aulie. I'm not counting Hunt, because he should be in the AHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
174a6b5865110b34d47bb8ce614a6251_400x400.jpeg

They will fire the Oilers cheerleading coach. Mac T will take over in the interim for an undisclosed period of time.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Nicholson needs to fire these idiots right now. Start the changes asap so that when the trade deadline and offseason rolls around, our new GM (hopefully Shero) is making the moves and knows what he has to work with.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
You gotta think that Nicholson has put a muzzle on MacT so that he can't do anymore damage. From now until the end of the season is probably the most crucial time for the Oilers in the past 10 years. They can't afford dumb and dumber messing things up now.

Oct 15, 2008
Fire Mact and replace him with Eakins.

No interviews.

Fire Lowe and replace him with Mact.

No interviews.

Hire Lowe as HC.

No interviews.

Draft McDavid, hike ticket prices ten percent and beer prices thirty percent.

Profit.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Who knows. Hopefully Katz is as sick as we all are and steps in to finally clean house. I know one thing: these clowns from Lowe on down need to be elsewhere when McDavid is drafted. If they're still here, we're at risk of ruining a generational talent. Painfully obvious that these guys can't build a team. McDavid lands here, these guys are going to think their saviour has arrived and they're going to sit back and wait for wins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad