Post-Game Talk: What weirdness can happen this time? Preds @ Jets 3/13/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Confirms what most expected I think. I'm glad we're not forcing him into the lineup but kind of funny that Barrie is relegated to team mascot at this point.

Barrie is PMD who just doesn't fit on this team. Josi has that role on the 1st pair ... the 3rd pair is more of a stay home pairing ... and he doesn't mesh for the second line. It's not that he's a bad overall player but he is for the Preds. That leads me to wonder why would we take him on and retain to move out Ekholm.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Barrie is PMD who just doesn't fit on this team. Josi has that role on the 1st pair ... the 3rd pair is more of a stay home pairing ... and he doesn't mesh for the second line. It's not that he's a bad overall player but he is for the Preds. That leads me to wonder why would we take him on and retain to move out Ekholm.
Picks, prospects, and freeing up some of the logjam at left D. Barrie was simply a way to open up salary for Edmonton while Nashville only retained $250k.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I thought Barrie looked much better for us to end last season than he has this year. It seems like the team thought that too since they chose not to trade him in the offseason (at least we didn't succeed if we tried). Will be interesting to see how he performs next season wherever he ends up.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I thought Barrie looked much better for us to end last season than he has this year. It seems like the team thought that too since they chose not to trade him in the offseason (at least we didn't succeed if we tried). Will be interesting to see how he performs next season wherever he ends up.
He did but that's probably a function of Josi being out.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Picks, prospects, and freeing up some of the logjam at left D. Barrie was simply a way to open up salary for Edmonton while Nashville only retained $250k.
$250k in cap hit for years ... plus he was the counterbalancne for Ekholm. The logjam is now on the right side with Barrie. Trading D for D didn't alleviate the logjam. It just help shift it to the other side of the ice.

Last edited:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Stastney can play both sides very effectively. Del Gaizo is the only prospect that’s close to being ready in Milwaukee. Not sure I’d call their situation a log jam. Not like there’s 4 defensemen in Milwaukee being held back and overcooked.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Beauvillier and Zucker’s first game after being able to have an actual practice with the team. Guess we’ll see if that helps them mesh with the systems a little better.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Beauvillier and Zucker’s first game after being able to have an actual practice with the team. Guess we’ll see if that helps them mesh with the systems a little better.
I didn't realize the team had a real practice. I had heard that yesterday was an "optional" practice.

Unrelated, I still don't get why they flew from Minnesota back to Nashville only to fly back out to Winnipeg a day later. For all the talk of travel being brutal on the team, this is twice in the last month the team has done this.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I didn't realize the team had a real practice. I had heard that yesterday was an "optional" practice.

Unrelated, I still don't get why they flew from Minnesota back to Nashville only to fly back out to Winnipeg a day later. For all the talk of travel being brutal on the team, this is twice in the last month the team has done this.
It was an optional but most all the players were there

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If Beauvillier can keep making passes like that one he did to Hartman but to the right team we'll be doing great.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The d is only at a logjam depending what you think of the NHL readiness of certain players.

I personally think Del Gaizo and Stastney should be getting some NHL evaluation time. There just isnt room unless there is injury. Stastney can play either side which gives him some extra flexibility. So if Carrier doesnt get extended he has a landing spot. Del Gaizo on the other hand... with Josi, McDonagh, and Lauzon.... there just isnt anywhere to go. Then there is Molendyk who made great first impressions but he can marinate for another season or two without much of an issue. Actually his contract should slide if he is in the minors which is nice

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The d is only at a logjam depending what you think of the NHL readiness of certain players.

I personally think Del Gaizo and Stastney should be getting some NHL evaluation time. There just isnt room unless there is injury. Stastney can play either side which gives him some extra flexibility. So if Carrier doesnt get extended he has a landing spot. Del Gaizo on the other hand... with Josi, McDonagh, and Lauzon.... there just isnt anywhere to go. Then there is Molendyk who made great first impressions but he can marinate for another season or two without much of an issue. Actually his contract should slide if he is in the minors which is nice
So scratching Fabbro for as many games as he got scratched isn't a sign of a log jam?

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
So scratching Fabbro for as many games as he got scratched isn't a sign of a log jam?
No it isn’t. Barrie is out of the line up and gone after this season. Fabbro will be a starter next year and there’s no one currently pushing him for that spot.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Good thing we scored first because that stat they showed for Winnipeg wasn’t very encouraging if we hadn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad