What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
The current Nashville yellow jerseys are an assault on the retinas. The fact that they’re paired with yellow helmets just makes it worse.

The original Preds jerseys were great, and should have been left alone.

I’m a Canucks fan, but despise their home unis. You’re at HOME! Who needs reminding that they’re in VANCOUVER? Yet, there it is, emblazoned above the crappy corporate Orca.

And oh yeah, the Canes new thirds with the double hurricane flags. Might as well throw a sharknado shoulder patch on it and call it a day.
The only thing wrong with that jersey is the lettering, the rest is great.

Reactions: Denzil

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
No, not him. He deserves an even uglier number like 78 or 84.

Like, not even 69. Brady Skjei doesn't deserve snickers.

Subban breaks my heart with 76. Daley wears like 83 or some ****. Chabot wears 72. (Like, you could easily make that 27 and it's ****ing classic). Matter of fact, pretty much the whole Senators D corps is killing me on this, but like Skjei, you could argue they deserve it. Evan Bouchard wears god damn 75. Like, are we defensemen, or are we 300 pound offensive linemen in the NFL?

Even EK's 65 is pretty bleh, although it's sort of become iconic to him.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. What's with all of the jabronis wearing high numbers these days? Seems like every team has a jay-brone wearing 88. Back in the day, you needed to be a star player to pull something like that off.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The current Nashville yellow jerseys are an assault on the retinas. The fact that they’re paired with yellow helmets just makes it worse.

The original Preds jerseys were great, and should have been left alone.

I’m a Canucks fan, but despise their home unis. You’re at HOME! Who needs reminding that they’re in VANCOUVER? Yet, there it is, emblazoned above the crappy corporate Orca.

And oh yeah, the Canes new thirds with the double hurricane flags. Might as well throw a sharknado shoulder patch on it and call it a day.
But, it's not "double" hurricane flags. The two flags together signals a "hurricane", while a single flag signifies a "tropical storm".
Back in the day, this was the "warning" system as to what was approaching. When Carolina wore the jersey with only one flag, they were actually representing themselves as the Carolina Tropical Storms.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The Home and Aways of the skate jersey are great, this though...

ery52h.jpg

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have 6.

Gorton's Fisherman Islanders (page 5).

Flyings Ducks in green (page 5, same post by garnetpalmetto), the other Ducks on page 5 by MIAtoBKLYN, and the Mud colored Duck foot.

Vancouver's dark with yellow and orange V stripes from around 1990. It was awful!

Wild "Christmas" jerseys are the worst current one IMHO.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Worst current jerseys for me are definitely ducks home and away.

The greens are beautiful and they should make those permanent

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
d117848ccc5be3d8.jpg

There were some nice ones too

This is your example of a nice one?

It's so amateurish it's almost laughable. Take a look at the logo. It's italicized. Then take a look at the star that the striping on the jersey makes, it is not italicized. So you have star on top of a star, but they don't line up, making the entire logo look off centre and pushed to the left. This thing is an embarrassment to design.

YoureAllTaxCheats

Feb 21, 2018
It would be awesome if for one day, the NHL allowed all teams playing that day to wear what they vote is the worst jersey design within their franchise. Guaranteed it would be a ratings draw.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
This is your example of a nice one?

It's so amateurish it's almost laughable. Take a look at the logo. It's italicized. Then take a look at the star that the striping on the jersey makes, it is not italicized. So you have star on top of a star, but they don't line up, making the entire logo look off centre and pushed to the left. This thing is an embarrassment to design.

You might not like stuff, but lots of people do.

Your opinion is not some kind of universal truth.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You might not like stuff, but lots of people do.

Your opinion is not some kind of universal truth.

In terms of principles of design, yeah, its a universal truth that the italicized star inside a non italicized star is beyond amateurish and creates a series of lines that don't work together and are visually extremely messy.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
In terms of principles of design, yeah, its a universal truth that the italicized star inside a non italicized star is beyond amateurish and creates a series of lines that don't work together and are visually extremely messy.

In your opinion :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad