What to Project When You're Expecting: The Winnipeg Jets

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Was going to wait till Monday to post this but what the hey.

We tallied up the jets top 20 prospects and did our best to accurately project just how many of them should be expected to make the jets.

http://www.theprojectionproject.com/blog/2015/07/10/what-to-project-when-youre-expecting-winnipeg-jets-pipeline/

Full explanation of the methodology on the article.

Posting from my phone so I'll keep it short:

Most likely get six skaters: 2 top liners, 1 first pair dman, 1 second line forward, 2 third liners

Best case scenario: 12 skaters.

Comparison1.png

Article includes which players we assume make it and a lot more!

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
That possible forwards graph looks pretty nice.

The whole thing looks pretty favorable. Haven't done the other teams yet so it likely needs some adjusting to determine accuracy/weight within the league, but the jets appear to have a very nice prospect pool.

I feel good about the safe projections as it puts us in a realistic production rate, as mentioned in the article the blackhawks achieved the same success from the 03-06 draft and that depth has carries them for quite a while

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So where is all the numbers?

But it just shows you how underrated Morrissey is. According to this graph...he is a sure fire number one DMan in all iterations.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
So where is all the numbers?

But it just shows you how underrated Morrissey is. According to this graph...he is a sure fire number one DMan in all iterations.

Data will be posted in a CSV for download. Wanted to keep it consumable for the punlic..

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Cool. Can I make a request? Can you do Darnell Nurse. I know that guy is going bust! I just know it!

Not sure how you mean? Purpose of this article is totalling all members of a pipeline.

For nurse just go to the site and hit project then type in nurses name.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Was going to wait till Monday to post this but what the hey.

We tallied up the jets top 20 prospects and did our best to accurately project just how many of them should be expected to make the jets.

http://www.theprojectionproject.com/blog/2015/07/10/what-to-project-when-youre-expecting-winnipeg-jets-pipeline/

Full explanation of the methodology on the article.

Posting from my phone so I'll keep it short:

Most likely get six skaters: 2 top liners, 1 first pair dman, 1 second line forward, 2 third liners

Best case scenario: 12 skaters.

Comparison1.png

Article includes which players we assume make it and a lot more!

Now, add in Scheifele, Lowry and Trouba....

So, with 5 drafts under their belt, the "safe" scenario has the Jets producing 9 NHLers from the "draft and develop" approach, including 2-3 top-line forwards (Ehlers, Connor and maybe Scheifele) and two top pairing defensemen (Trouba and Morrissey), along with 4 other top-9 forwards (add in Lowry). This doesn't include any goalies.

The "possible" scenario has them producing 9 top-9 NHL forwards and 3 NHL defensemen (and perhaps a goalie or two).

Not bad....

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Unbelievable work. Great job. It will only keep getting more interesting from here.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Now, add in Scheifele, Lowry and Trouba....

So, with 5 drafts under their belt, the "safe" scenario has the Jets producing 9 NHLers from the "draft and develop" approach, including 2-3 top-line forwards (Ehlers, Connor and maybe Scheifele) and two top pairing defensemen (Trouba and Morrissey), along with 4 other top-9 forwards (add in Lowry). This doesn't include any goalies.

The "possible" scenario has them producing 9 top-9 NHL forwards and 3 NHL defensemen (and perhaps a goalie or two).

Not bad....

As mentioned in the article the safe projection including scheifele trouba and Lowry would put them on pace with the hawks "dynasty" /lofty, but not unattainable.

Hopefully were as good in other areas of roster management

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Hahahahahahahahahahaha I knew it. Eat it Edmonton fans!

This may or may not have been because I got into a pissing match with an oiler fan on the who has the best prospects thread on the polls board.

They managed to rile me up again by saying that the difference between Brossoit and Hellebuyck is small...

I've been easily riled up this summer. Personally, I blame Silver and his stupid Eurotrip.

And maybe the fact that I'm leaving Sweden again, this time possibly for good.

But mostly Silver. Screw that guy.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
They managed to rile me up again by saying that the difference between Brossoit and Hellebuyck is small...

I've been easily riled up this summer. Personally, I blame Silver and his stupid Eurotrip.

And maybe the fact that I'm leaving Sweden again, this time possibly for good.

But mostly Silver. Screw that guy.

I know right! I was super on edge this summer too and while I would say I didn't know why...I wild be lying. It's Silvers fault. Such an ass.

I got it bad when they said that Nurse was better then all of our prospects. I'm like seriously? That guy is terrible.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Not to rain on the parade but 37% is still pretty good.... Not Morrissey good but our ratings heavily favor offensive dmen

But yes, hard to believe theres manybteama that can hold a match to our pipeline but we won't no till we've done everyone else.

Were going to start with the other Canadian teams and go from there.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Not to rain on the parade but 37% is still pretty good.... Not Morrissey good but our ratings heavily favor offensive dmen

But yes, hard to believe theres manybteama that can hold a match to our pipeline but we won't no till we've done everyone else.

Were going to start with the other Canadian teams and go from there.

I'm having a bit of a hard time making sense of this. According to the pie chart Nurse has a 37% chance of being successful, and Morrissey has 34%...but the bar graph you showed us said he had a 100% chance of being a top pairing defenseman? And it seems like Nurse has a better shot at being a success than Morrissey.

I would just like some clarification on how you applied all this.

Last edited:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'm having a bit of a hard time making sense of this. According to the pie chart Nurse has a 37% chance of being successful, and Morrissey has 34%...but the bar graph you showed us said he had a 100% chance of being a top pairing defenseman? And it seems like Nurse has a better shot at being a success than Morrissey.

I would just like some clarification on how you applied all this.

If you include dy-dy +2 Morrissey has a 46% chance of success.

But.. On the whole, the entire jets prospect team has a 100% chance of graduating a top line/top pair player AFTER removing connor and ehlers.

So of that identified 100% we have to choose someone to be that success, since Morrissey has the highest liklihood of success at that level we choose him.

Does that make sense?

I feel you should read the original al methodology to get a handle k. What the charts are showing

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
If you include dy-dy +2 Morrissey has a 46% chance of success.

But.. On the whole, the entire jets prospect team has a 100% chance of graduating a top line/top pair player AFTER removing connor and ehlers.

So of that identified 100% we have to choose someone to be that success, since Morrissey has the highest liklihood of success at that level we choose him.

Does that make sense?

I feel you should read the original al methodology to get a handle k. What the charts are showing

Thanks that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad