What to do with Travis Moen?

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
So now that the Bouillon and Budaj questions have been answered, I am wondering what the habs plan to do with Moen.

Does he stay up as an extra forward? We just signed Bournival so we already have one guy available, plus we have a surplus of good prospects waiting to be called up.

I think Bergevin waits until the trade deadline to trade Moen when he has more value.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Solid vet with a cup ring, not hurting the cap right now. I would hold onto him for a while despite him looking like he's lost a step.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
So now that the Bouillon and Budaj questions have been answered, I am wondering what the habs plan to do with Moen.

Does he stay up as an extra forward? We just signed Bournival so we already have one guy available, plus we have a surplus of good prospects waiting to be called up.

I think Bergevin waits until the trade deadline to trade Moen when he has more value.

waive moen. and claim frazer maclaren.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I would prefer DLR to be sent down so that he can play more games in the AHL...

We don't need 3 back up centers... DLR, Bournival, Galchenyuk are all potential centers.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I would prefer DLR to be sent down so that he can play more games in the AHL...

We don't need 3 backup centers... DLR, Bournival, Galchenyuk are all potential centers.

I agree about DLR he is still eligible to play in the wjc so let him develop in the AHL by playing every night instead of being the press box in the NHL.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I agree about DLR he is still eligible to play in the wjc so let him develop in the AHL by playing every night instead of being the press box in the NHL.

Time spent learning the game in the AHL hasn't hurt any of our prospects, at least the ones determined to be NHL players. Just ask Pacioretty, Plekanec, Price, PK Subban, Desharnais, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi or Tokarski, they can all attest to time well spent, learning to play an all round game that will earn them long careers in the NHL.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No need to throw him away unless we need the cap space or roster spot. He's a good vet with size and we shouldn't look to move him before the first wave of injuries

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Bergevin most likely has been putting word out on Moen for a little bit. I think he takes another Budaj type trade to move the salary. Or takes on a bit more cap for a player on an expiring contract at seasons end.

Someone made a thread last night.

:sabres

Torrey Mitchell - 1yr /1.9mill

:habs

Travis Moen - 2yrs / 1.85mill

I think Moen brings more to the table. I think it is close.

I would try to make a move like this, but add something like:

Mitchell
Adam

For

Moen
5th round pick(COL)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
As DLR is still young... Send him down. Shouldn't be on press box.

Moen ? Tied to whether we claim a goon on waivers. 14th forward or waived.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah waive him or trade him but DLR needs to be sent to Hamilton so there is no emergency right? Or trade him for a decent goon that can fight.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I mean, Moen is still average in a lot of areas and doesn't really hurt us. We will have injuries. Prust won't play 82 games, he's injury prone. We'll have others. So yeah, I think we should keep him for now and send DLR down.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I mean, Moen is still average in a lot of areas and doesn't really hurt us. We will have injuries. Prust won't play 82 games, he's injury prone. We'll have others. So yeah, I think we should keep him for now and send DLR down.

Moen and Prust both have impressive resumes to be high-quality 4th liners... so that's why DLR is the obvious choice for AHL.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Keep him and love him.

Well, keep him anyway. He's ok even in his off years/declining years. Habs are inching closer to having the depth to toss him away, but aren't quite 100% for-sure there yet.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
sell him to Bob Gainey as a personal butler, who cares, as long as he's far away from here. I don't even care if we get something in return, just get rid of him

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah waive him or trade him but DLR needs to be sent to Hamilton so there is no emergency right? Or trade him for a decent goon that can fight.

Bergevin just said in his press confwrence that they have a different strategy this year and will not sign a goon to replace parroes.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bergevin just said in his press confwrence that they have a different strategy this year and will not sign a goon to replace parroes.

good, get some bigger bodies who can hit but also play a little hockey. Parros was a good teammate but a terrible waste of a roster spot

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
There's no rush to trade Moen. Maybe Bergevin is planning to keep DLR with the big club otherwise there are no real reasons to trade him. Depth is the team's forte and Moen can still be useful. I understand that since Bouillon is no longer here, Moen becomes the obligatory whipping boy.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
agree with some others here- keep moen around to replace inevitable injuries.

eller missed the last few games and parenteau left saturday with an injury.

moen is experienced, gritty, and played on every line last year.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'd keep him just so that MiG doesn't have to change his username.

I mean, that's a perfectly valid argument.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Prust always gets hurt, Malholtra probably won't play every game and Weise can be pretty inconsistent.. keep him and rotate him in on the fourth line.

Gorges and Gionta both mentioned his name as a potential captain after they left, with how much leadership we've lost I won't be surprised to see him stick around as he seems to be a very well respected guy in the dressing room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad