What to do with Torrey Mitchell?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Mitchell in a 4 role who right now can play the 3 role until the kiddos get into action. He can also slide to the wing and bring that checking energy and speed. I'd be fine with them retaining his rights. As was mentioned, of their three UFA-to-be forwards, he's likely the least valuable (say a 4th for his ilk of player). It isn't manditory for them to ship someone for a pick who has an miniscule chance of ever making the show.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I like Mitchell in a 4 role who right now can play the 3 role until the kiddos get into action. He can also slide to the wing and bring that checking energy and speed. I'd be fine with them retaining his rights. As was mentioned, of their three UFA-to-be forwards, he's likely the least valuable (say a 4th for his ilk of player). It isn't manditory for them to ship someone for a pick who has an miniscule chance of ever making the show.

Interesting, I see him as (right now) the most desirable of the UFAs for a playoff team to acquire. That doesn't necessarily make him the most valuable but if I'm shopping the Sabres, I'd feel more comfortable about Mitchell contributing positively during a playoff run than Stafford or Stewart. But I digress....

I like him, always did going back to San Jose so I have no problem giving him a 2-3 year contract with a nice little salary bump. Ideally he's in the bottom six but I have problems with his play this year with more minutes (of course if you're in the top 6 of this team you're really in a bottom six on an actual team). If they can get something meaningful for him great but I can live if he's not traded and either resigns or goes to UFA.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Trade him for what you can get him for. Look into re-signing him next year if needed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting, I see him as (right now) the most desirable of the UFAs for a playoff team to acquire. That doesn't necessarily make him the most valuable but if I'm shopping the Sabres, I'd feel more comfortable about Mitchell contributing positively during a playoff run than Stafford or Stewart. But I digress....

I like him, always did going back to San Jose so I have no problem giving him a 2-3 year contract with a nice little salary bump. Ideally he's in the bottom six but I have problems with his play this year with more minutes (of course if you're in the top 6 of this team you're really in a bottom six on an actual team). If they can get something meaningful for him great but I can live if he's not traded and either resigns or goes to UFA.

Oh, I expect someone looking for Hannan-lite to bolster their 4th line or Black Aces would be interested. But in terms of actual return... guys like him don't seem to merit the sort of draft pick return

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Another benefit of Mitchell is the fact he has 60 playoff games in his career. Having that kind of playoff experience on your 4th line can do wonders when our youngsters take us to the post season. They'll need someone to look to when the games get intense, even if it's to a guy who is one of the worst players in the lineup .

Bps21*

I'm looking forward to they day where we are lighting cigars with pegulabucks after a long and fingers crossed successful playoff run and not having to have a two page discussion about how we should handle the pending UFA status of Torrey Mitchell.

Would that this hoodie were a time hoodie.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm looking forward to they day where we are lighting cigars with pegulabucks after a long and fingers crossed successful playoff run and not having to have a two page discussion about how we should handle the pending UFA status of Torrey Mitchell.

Would that this hoodie were a time hoodie.

When the team is rolling, this would be a five-seven page thread already due to participation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad