What to do with the board - Poll of Yotes fans.

What do?

• Close the forum

• Close the forum except a few specific threads so people can check in

• Leave the forum open but off the HFBoards main page.

• Wait until we see what happens with the land auction.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hi all,

So the topic of what we're gonna do with this forum is now on the table.

These are the options as I see them, all of these options will include moving the board to the archived section down below.

1. Close the forum entirely.
2. Close the forum except a few specific threads (Potential expansion news, nostalgia threads, maybe lounge)
3. Leave the forum open but out of view in the archive section.
4. Wait until after the possible land auction to decide 1,2,3.

I'm not crazy about 3, We're done here for some time, after all this settles there will be no activity. I'm fairly neutral on options 1 or 2 or 4.

In true Coyotes fashion, you have two weeks to decide.

(I will ignore non Coyotes fan votes)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I voted 3 as well, seems like the best solution and if somehow the Coyotes actually do "activate" or whatever, we're ready to roll at any time. Worst case scenario F40 exists for us schmucks who have made a home here for many, many, years. Also I can talk about the Yeti's or whatever here without having to hear from noobs about how Utah saved the team or shit like that.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Assuming AM wins the auction, then I vote for 2. We need at least one thread to talk about stadium development, then we'll need a thread to talk expansion issues. Maybe a lounge to act like fools, not that I need an excuse.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Even if Meruelo botches the auction, which is a distinct possibility, I say just take it off the main page and leave it here for those who still want to participate. If a year or two from now it's completely dead then I suppose SniperHF may choose to pull the plug but until then I see no particularly good reason to pull the plug any sooner then that. :dunno:

Well assuming it isn't too much work for Sniper to maintain but my guess is it won't be.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
What happened to the Atlanta thrashers board?
Not only did they do what Sniper said, but they also deleted all contents of team boards prior to 2012...which in that franchise's case was abominably stupid as it erased the entirety of Thrashers board history. The only records of it today are what you can recover from the Wayback Machine Archives.

Basically, the site owners couldn't possibly screw it up any worse than they did before with Atlanta. What happened to that board is tragic.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Do not close this forum under any circumstances.

With or without the Yotes, we need spaces like these for Arizona based hockey fans to come and form community.

If we are truly concerned for the future of the game here now that the Coyotes are on the way out of town, taking away spaces like this one would only serve to exacerbate that issue.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I voted for 4. This saga will never end it seems, but he still owns the Coyotes technically, so if he wins the land auction, that's one step closer(hopefully).

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I don't really like any of these options.

Whatever the solution should be, the forum should stay open and be on the main page. Whether there's a subforum for "inactive" teams, or whether we stay in the central division and people can just deal with it, or even if we have to scroll down to the other leagues section or something, whatever the solution is, this forum should 1 million percent stay open.

Not only is there a ton of history here that should be accessible, but there are many people who will not be moving with the team to the Utah boards.

When this all started the mods said that this forum would not be shipped off into the night and stop existing. I would like to see that statement stay true.

Fine with waiting til the auction for another poll, but I would sincerely hope that this forum stays open and visible. Shit, rename it to "Arizona Hockey Team" or whatever if you want, but it should still be there. History is important, and there's a hell of a lot here. Don't pull a Meruelo!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
When this all started the mods said that this forum would not be shipped off into the night and stop existing. I would like to see that statement stay true.

It will not be deleted or invisible, but it will not remain in the NHL team board sections either.

Reactions: Sinurgy

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Voted 4, but don't mind 3. I'm not going to support Utah because they not picked up Coyotes history and records. And I believe NHL will be in Arizona in 5-7 years (Meruelo or not) so we need forum or at least a thread to discuss Arizona stuff or even memories.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't really like any of these options.

Whatever the solution should be, the forum should stay open and be on the main page. Whether there's a subforum for "inactive" teams, or whether we stay in the central division and people can just deal with it, or even if we have to scroll down to the other leagues section or something, whatever the solution is, this forum should 1 million percent stay open.

Not only is there a ton of history here that should be accessible, but there are many people who will not be moving with the team to the Utah boards.

Fine with waiting til the auction for another poll, but I would sincerely hope that this forum stays open and visible. Shit, rename it to "Arizona Hockey Team" or whatever if you want, but it should still be there. History is important, and there's a hell of a lot here. Don't pull a Meruelo!
This must be a first, but I agree.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
decided to log back in after years of lurking around and not posting. See if AM can put his money where his mouth is, he now has an extra billion to get this done so I don't see any excuse other than greed and government standing in the way.

Wait and see what happens is my vote.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad