Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Foligno-Johansen-Umberger
Jenner-Anisimov-Horton
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Letestu-MacKenzie-Gaborik

Yea I know Gaborik on the fourth line, but with him there it's no longer a 4th line. You could really even out the minutes across 4 lines. Scoring all over the place. Defensive responsibility everywhere. Cycle and sniper guys on every line. Everybody can go balls to the wall all the time cuz everybody's gonna get minutes. Leaves all the chemistry in place. All the RW guys are on the RW.

But I then again could also just be crazy.:)

Or you could exchange Gaborik and Umberger.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Foligno-Johansen-Umberger
Jenner-Anisimov-Horton
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Letestu-MacKenzie-Gaborik

Yea I know Gaborik on the fourth line, but with him there it's no longer a 4th line. You could really even out the minutes across 4 lines. Scoring all over the place. Defensive responsibility everywhere. Cycle and sniper guys on every line. Everybody can go balls to the wall all the time cuz everybody's gonna get minutes. Leaves all the chemistry in place. All the RW guys are on the RW.

But I then again could also just be crazy.:)

Or you could exchange Gaborik and Umberger.

Either way, could be Big Fun!

thebus2288*

No brainer for me. Foligno-Johan-Gaborik when he gets back. I don't care if we're not healthy or if Umberger scored twice in a game. There's 1 guy who deserves to play with Letestu and Mack on the 4th line and its not Jenner or Gaborik.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
No way you mess with the Johansen or Dubinsky lines. Swap Jenner and Gaborik. Jenner would be more accepting of 4th line duty

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No brainer for me. Foligno-Johan-Gaborik when he gets back. I don't care if we're not healthy or if Umberger scored twice in a game. There's 1 guy who deserves to play with Letestu and Mack on the 4th line and its not Jenner or Gaborik.

I'd like to try that combination. It's definitely a case where we'll have to try it and see how the guys play together to really know.

I think for the fourth line we'll really need to talk seriously about what to do if guys like Comeau and Skille make it back and Gaborik comes back without losing other forwards. Mackenzie is not 100%, so I would sit him most nights until he recharges. Skille has really stepped up his goal scoring and its worth seeing if he's the real deal. You can't sit Letestu, at least not the way he's been playing lately.

Fully healthy, I'd run a 4th line of:
Umberger - Letestu - Skille

Comeau and Mackenzie can be cycled in. I don't think Tropp is as effective.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Gaborik still had a chance to play in the Olympics doesn't he? If her healthy in time I think that would be the perfect way for him to get back into game shape. To be practicing and skating on the big international ice playing for his home country to get him motivated. I mean im pretty sure Gaborik more than anybody knows he needs a huge olympic showing, and a big playoff push/performance if he wants any kind of deal of substance from us. He sees what's happening on the ice and in the looked room. I think a healthy, confident Marion Gaborik takes this team to the next tier.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Gaborik still had a chance to play in the Olympics doesn't he? If her healthy in time I think that would be the perfect way for him to get back into game shape. To be practicing and skating on the big international ice playing for his home country to get him motivated. I mean im pretty sure Gaborik more than anybody knows he needs a huge olympic showing, and a big playoff push/performance if he wants any kind of deal of substance from us. He sees what's happening on the ice and in the looked room. I think a healthy, confident Marion Gaborik takes this team to the next tier.

I think he's supposed to see the doctors this week. They have the last word. If he's healthy he goes, might even skate some with the Jackets.

A healthy and motivated Gaborik is a plus all the way around.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think he's supposed to see the doctors this week. They have the last word. If he's healthy he goes, might even skate some with the Jackets.

A healthy and motivated Gaborik is a plus all the way around.
damn does my autocorrect make me sound like an idiot when I post using my phone. But that's what I thought.

Foligno-Johansen-Horton
Umberger-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Comeau-Letestu-Dmac
Jenner
Tropp

Why do I feel like im still missing someone?

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Regardless of any Gabby comments I've made in the past I'm taking the stand that Gabby is more important to our post season than trading him... I don't think the Jackets will sign him but he could be useful in the playoffs if healthy, he would actually be similar to trade deadline pickup for us as he hasn't actually been a part of the team this season...

We should keep him for the playoffs then let him walk... He may play for a new UFA contract during the playoffs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
damn does my autocorrect make me sound like an idiot when I post using my phone. But that's what I thought.

Foligno-Johansen-Horton
Umberger-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Comeau-Letestu-Dmac
Jenner
Tropp

Why do I feel like im still missing someone?

cough.. Skille .. cough

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If I'm to interpret the question literally... "What to do with Gaborik?" I would hold him out of the lineup until April to let him rehab everything he can. His body has so many issues that we've never seen him even close to 100%. Get him as close to that as possible by April and play him just enough to get him up to speed for the playoffs. Gabby at his best can still be a devastating scorer, but when he's dinged up, he's not much help.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the Olympic coach said he is to see the doctor on friday...however Mixer said on twitter that he hadn't heard that and he doesn't see him returning anytime soon...but who knows...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If I'm to interpret the question literally... "What to do with Gaborik?" I would hold him out of the lineup until April to let him rehab everything he can. His body has so many issues that we've never seen him even close to 100%. Get him as close to that as possible by April and play him just enough to get him up to speed for the playoffs. Gabby at his best can still be a devastating scorer, but when he's dinged up, he's not much help.

Yep.... four or five games before the playoffs to get his legs, and limit 5x5 play but use him on the PP.... then put him on the top lines during the playoffs, 16 minutes a game....

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
@MGaborik10
Gratulujem k postupu do finale! @Cibulkova #Slovakpower #AussieOpen

Look at this bum watching tennis instead of rehabbing his shoulder

GET THIS GUY OUTTA HEREEEE

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Yep.... four or five games before the playoffs to get his legs, and limit 5x5 play but use him on the PP.... then put him on the top lines during the playoffs, 16 minutes a game....

Don't mean to single you out, but the jackets have a long way to go and I'd prefer to not start planning our playoff lineup like it is closer to a done deal.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Robert & I (positive thinkers eh?)

Don't mean to single you out, but the jackets have a long way to go and I'd prefer to not start planning our playoff lineup like it is closer to a done deal.

I hear ya Robert, and I have been looking at playoff positioning ever since the win streak got over 4. If it doesn't happen so be it, but I prefer to look toward a positive future as well.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I hear ya Robert, and I have been looking at playoff positioning ever since the win streak got over 4. If it doesn't happen so be it, but I prefer to look toward a positive future as well.

I'm almost universally considered a negative poster on CBJ board as several others are too, in truth we are critical thinkers....

Things changed in Jacket land the day John Davidson was hired, I’m not saying JD is god as I've been upset with him at times but he’s doing it right... smart moves at the right times but steady pace in general, he does not over react... a perfect mix of veterans and youth with a Vezina goaltender.

JD has been a game change, I think we make the playoffs...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm almost universally considered a negative poster on CBJ board as several others are too, in truth we are critical thinkers....

Things changed in Jacket land the day John Davidson was hired, I’m not saying JD is god as I've been upset with him at times but he’s doing it right... smart moves at the right times but steady pace in general, he does not over react... a perfect mix of veterans and youth with a Vezina goaltender.

JD has been a game change, I think we make the playoffs...

Getting JD was like "great hire, let's see what he can do." Hiring Jarmo, though, was like "whoa! We finally have a serious front office here!"

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Getting JD was like "great hire, let's see what he can do." Hiring Jarmo, though, was like "whoa! We finally have a serious front office here!"

True Lee, I often skip Yarmo in my assesment of the organization... Truth is I really don't know how the lines are drawn between him and JD... I think they work as a team.

Strange thing, I have 100% confidence in Yarmo even thiough I know little about him, being the first Euro to GM an NHL club is part of that confidence.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
True Lee, I often skip Yarmo in my assesment of the organization... Truth is I really don't know how the lines are drawn between him and JD... I think they work as a team.

Strange thing, I have 100% confidence in Yarmo even thiough I know little about him, being the first Euro to GM an NHL club is part of that confidence.

That combined with the fact hes been around NHL organizations and knows a little (a lot?) about the scouting side of things. Hopefully now we have the luxury of actually giving players all the time they need to develop, with the ability to develop them in a successful surrounding.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting tidbit from this mornings Dispatch

But here’s a possibility if he stays: Should Gaborik remain on injured reserve through the Olympic break, he will exceed 100 days. NHL veterans who have played 400 or more games (Gaborik is at 787) and spend 100 days or more on injured reserve are eligible to sign contracts with bonus structures.

Gaborik, who has a $7.5 million salary-cap hit, could sign for a base value of far less than that — perhaps $2 million or $3 million — and load up his contract with incentives (goals, points, games played, etc.). He might prefer guaranteed money, but after an injury-riddled season in which he has missed 33 of 51 games, a bonus-laden contract would give him a chance to match his current contract.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/01/26/boll-is-ahead-of-schedule-in-rehabilitation.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad