What to do with Brossoit

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I can't see how you carry 3 goalies, feels like someone is getting buried in Henderson and it ain't the mob doing it this time

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Leschyshyn's stats don't look very good at all, I don't think he's claimed if he's waived. They can probably carry all three for a while.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL options: Ideally you have Brossoit and Thompson. But that would mean waiving Hill (LT does not need to clear waivers to be assigned to HSK) and he may not clear; so you might be losing an asset you just traded for this summer. Or you go with Brossoit/Hill and assign LT to HSK to demolish his competition.

Who ever is demoted and Hutchinson would probably be the duo for HSK. Why not Patera? Because Hutchinson would need to agree to to be assigned to ECHL (Saville and Patera, are on ELCs, can be assigned to ECHL. LT is not on ELC so cannot be assigned to ECHL either.)

It's possible they find a trade partner for Hill (or Brossoit).

Ponders

EMcx2

Dec 11, 2021
I wouldn't mess with what is working really well. Brossoit has never been better than mediocre. I keep Thompson and Hill with the Golden Knights and try to get a bag of used pucks for Brossoit.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't mess with what is working really well. Brossoit has never been better than mediocre. I keep Thompson and Hill with the Golden Knights and try to get a bag of used pucks for Brossoit.

You're definitely right, but Brossoit will need a few starts to show other teams he's healthy again and Vegas can afford to keep all three up for that short period.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I bet no one will help VGK out in this case. No one wants Brossoit at his cap hit now and everyone knows the team is in a world of hurt with zero cap space so they can't do the "obvious" and bury him in the AHL and then have that asset in case you get two guys hurt in the NHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I bet no one will help VGK out in this case. No one wants Brossoit at his cap hit now and everyone knows the team is in a world of hurt with zero cap space so they can't do the "obvious" and bury him in the AHL and then have that asset in case you get two guys hurt in the NHL.
You're mistaken.

The only reason somebody needs to be sent down is due to roster max size, not because of cap space. If a team could have 24 players on the roster then Vegas with him would have $16 left, and any injury would be whatever as you have 2 extra forwards, 1 extra dman, & 1 extra goalie.

Either a team trades for him for first dibs, or Vegas puts him on waivers and he either gets claimed or assigned to Henderson.

Alternatively we waive a skater, but they're more important and more prone to getting picked off waivers I'd say.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You're mistaken.

The only reason somebody needs to be sent down is due to roster max size, not because of cap space. If a team could have 24 players on the roster then Vegas with him would have $16 left, and any injury would be whatever as you have 2 extra forwards, 1 extra dman, & 1 extra goalie.

Either a team trades for him for first dibs, or Vegas puts him on waivers and he either gets claimed or assigned to Henderson.

Alternatively we waive a skater, but they're more important and more prone to getting picked off waivers I'd say.

Fair point, guess they just carry 3 goalies and take the risk a skater gets claimed although I don't think its a bad day on VGK ranch if one of them gets taken. That's what the waivers system is for, giving guys an opportunity to play elsewhere instead of getting hoarded by an organization that really only needs them as just in case bodies. Brossoit deserves a shot elsewhere, I just have no faith in the AHL depth so as long as these two guys up stay healthy he's not really needed.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Fair point, guess they just carry 3 goalies and take the risk a skater gets claimed although I don't think its a bad day on VGK ranch if one of them gets taken. That's what the waivers system is for, giving guys an opportunity to play elsewhere instead of getting hoarded by an organization that really only needs them as just in case bodies. Brossoit deserves a shot elsewhere, I just have no faith in the AHL depth so as long as these two guys up stay healthy he's not really needed.
I don't really think there's a sizable gap between Brossoit, & Hutchinson. Their stats are pretty identical, with Hutchinson having played more overall, and Brossoit having played more as of recent times. Hutchinson's also 3 years older but that's whatever.

Brossoit's stats in his AHL game was horrible, idk how much I'd look into our AHL stats though as everybody is underperforming. Seems like a coaching problem.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He got pulled last night after giving up 4 goals in the 1st period. His save % is .769 through two games.

cringe.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Per Cap Friendly transaction, Brossoit is (back) on IR (recalled from HSK).

Could be they've decided he's not "healthy" enough to play (well)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad