What to do after our 2nd loss?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I think that both Moore and Martin will be in next game. I was glad when I felt that Plek meant the end of Moore this season, but Plek has been much worse and seems to want to be back home as soon as possible. I feel that at least Martin and Moore will bring some desire to actually play the game.

I would like to see Leivo but I don't see that happening.

The D is a mess, and I don't feel that there is an easy solution. I would call up Borgman - the Marlies don't start the playoffs for 6 days. Sit either Hainsey or Zaitsev.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nah. Business as usual. All the flags flying, all the kids out at Maple Leafs Square, etc. The ACC will be a little louder than usual before the game (all those suits might be just a little more excited). There's no doubt about that at all.

Let them enjoy their 2 last games at home.
Game 6 will also be at home. Boston doesn't get games 5 and 6.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
give it up guys. just see it for what it is.

Why all this denial?

What ever happened to just being a fan of the team and hoping for the best? Seems nobody wants to risk looking foolish now cheering on a loser.

Sure, the first 2 games were terrible, but it's not over yet. Let's stay behind these guys and go down with them if need be.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
What ever happened to just being a fan of the team and hoping for the best? Seems nobody wants to risk looking foolish now cheering on a loser.

Sure, the first 2 games were terrible, but it's not over yet. Let's stay behind these guys and go down with them if need be.
lol watch if we win tomm the attitude change here lol

Reactions: Rob Brown

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
lol watch if we win tomm the attitude change here lol

It will. But that's cool. Fans should get fired up if we win.

But we should also keep our composure, as fans, when things look bleak. Not just whine endlessly.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

People already took a risk and ended up looking foolish. Do you think no one was cheering going into Game 1? They were cheering on this loser.

What happened to hope for the best and prepare for the worst? People aren't turning in their Leaf cards to officially become Jets fans. Just accepting the reality that we are currently residing in. We're going down with this ship regardless.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Not yet, but there will be. 6 games is the minimum amount of games that we can take the series.

well there better be. I already boasted to the guys at work that we're winning the next game. If they lose tomorrow then it's gonna be hard for me Tuesday morning when I show up at 6AM lol...

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
People already took a risk and ended up looking foolish. Do you think no one was cheering going into Game 1? They were cheering on this loser.

What happened to hope for the best and prepare for the worst? People aren't turning in their Leaf cards to officially become Jets fans. Just accepting the reality that we are currently residing in. We're going down with this ship regardless.
I agree the hardcore fans will be going down with the ship, I will be going down as well, I wont ever cheer for another nhl franchise lol.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
well there better be. I already boasted to the guys at work that we're winning the next game. If they lose tomorrow then it's gonna be hard for me Tuesday morning when I show up at 6AM lol...
You may have to grin and bear it.Boston deserves to be ahead, but I still think we will pull out the series.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I'd do this

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Marleau-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Leivo-Hyman-Martin

PP I would do

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Rielly-Dermott/Kap

JVR-Marleau-Marner
Gardiner-Johnsson/Leivo/Dermott

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsAndFlames

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What do you mean by "take exception"? If you would have said Boston is favoured to win the series, I would have agreed. If you claim to be able to see the future, I would have been skeptical. :)

Except, you didnt agree.

You kept coming up with reasons why people favoring the Bruins should be realizing Leafs are better than last year, like that somehow dimishes how good a team Boston is

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Except, you didnt agree.

You kept coming up with reasons why people favoring the Bruins should be realizing Leafs are better than last year, like that somehow dimishes how good a team Boston is

Nope, sorry but you're consistently wrong on this. I always said Boston was favoured.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Nope, sorry but you're consistently wrong on this. I always said Boston was favoured.

And you consistently jabbed at me when I pointed out that they were favorites. In one thread you responded to me 6 times.

If this semantic U-turn makes you sleep better, go for it. But we both know you were bigging up the Leafs chances against anyone who was suggesting Boston were favorites.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Its time to call Martin Marincin! :sarcasm:
Funny but Marincin-Zaitsev looked great in limited minutes. If we could they did well, would be an awesome bottom pair to Rielly-Dermott / Gardiner-Hainsey

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
And you consistently jabbed at me when I pointed out that they were favorites. In one thread you responded to me 6 times.

If this semantic U-turn makes you sleep better, go for it. But we both know you were bigging up the Leafs chances against anyone who was suggesting Boston were favorites.

:laugh::laugh:

This is perhaps the dumbest sequence of posts I've ever seen here. You're wrong, that's all there is to it. Go ahead, show me one post where I suggested the Leafs were favoured. Show me one post where I argued with someone who said Boston was favoured. Should be easy, you said I did it 6 times in just one thread. Where are all these mysterious non-existent posts you claim to have read?

You can't do it because it didn't happen. Stop making yourself look foolish.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
My worst fear is that when I step off the plane in TO on the 19th the game will be over and we're out. I don't think this will happen, we're a darned good team, better than we've shown, but it would be such a drag not to watch at least one game with the buds in a bar, having a few beers and cheering the team on. Come on boys, get 'er done for me :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad