What Time Period Interests You Most?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
90s and 00s

Love reading about the growth of the game, the expansion and relocation efforts, FoxTrax, the Roy trade, Gretzky in Los Angeles and New York, the Russian 5 in Detroit, the rise of the Sunbelt teams, and the rule changes of 2005.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I know @Theokritos has his Soviet Archive project going. I would love to see more European games from the CCCP dominance of International play from the 60’s through the 80s. Just to watch their system of play and to evolve the game into something better must’ve been great to watch.

90s and 00s

Love reading about the growth of the game, the expansion and relocation efforts, FoxTrax, the Roy trade, Gretzky in Los Angeles and New York, the Russian 5 in Detroit, the rise of the Sunbelt teams, and the rule changes of 2005.

Hockey during the 90s was primetime TV. Some of my fondest memories were watching games with my uncles on the old school tube TVs. Didn’t matter who was playing, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement made those games come alive.

May be one of the few that LOVED the FoxTrax puck! I thought it added a neat feature to the viewing experience.

Reactions: HisIceness

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The 1920s and earlier are the most interesting to me in terms of stories because the situations that players played in were so different than what came after. I don't care for comparing players from that time to players who came after but the stories are great.

In terms of wanting to see video, post-WW2 six team NHL video is most interesting to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad