OT: What the Fish?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I noticed there are quite a lot of OT threads about different stuff so maybe we got some fishermen around here also!

We could share pics, stories, spots, techniques, and anything related to fishing!

I'll get the ball rolling with a little river sturgeon!

Your turn ladies and gentlemen!

Reactions: jaffy27 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I noticed there are quite a lot of OT threads about different stuff so maybe we got some fishermen around here also!

We could share pics, stories, spots, techniques, and anything related to fishing!

I'll get the ball rolling with a little river sturgeon!

Your turn ladies and gentlemen!

How about a very local Ounaniche and don't ask from where
download.jpg

Hint it isn't Mephre which I don't consider local local.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Been a while since I haven't taken pictures of me with fish.

But I caught a Bowfin about a month ago.

Never could determine whether I love or hate catching them.

Reactions: Rapala

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Been a while since I haven't taken pictures of me with fish.

But I caught a Bowfin about a month ago.

Never could determine whether I love or hate catching them.

I just usually photo the fish and it ends there. :laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
When I was a kid, we used to camp at our family friend place at Lac Campion (smallish lake connected to Lac des Sables) up in North Outaouais. We had a floating dock and for years there was always a big fish going around it once in a while and scaring the crap out of us as kids. We eventually ended up catching it after several years. It was an humongous perch around 12 inches. Its dorsal fin was heavily damaged, probably from the numerous pikes that are everywhere in the lake. Kinda felt like we just removed the big boss from the lake.

Fun story, I'm the only one in the family (parents and 1 brother) to have never catched a pike. Plenty of perch and bass (and probably the biggest bass out of our family fishing trips), but never a pike. Can't beat my dad though as his biggest fish is an Halibut as part of his job when he was on a boat working for Fisheries and Ocean Canada.

Haven't fished since probably 2008 or so though. Either due to summer jobs (2008-2012) or being alone in Montreal (2012-...).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
When I was a kid, we used to camp at our family friend place at Lac Campion (smallish lake connected to Lac des Sables) up in North Outaouais. We had a floating dock and for years there was always a big fish going around it once in a while and scaring the crap out of us as kids. We eventually ended up catching it after several years. It was an humongous perch around 12 inches. Its dorsal fin was heavily damaged, probably from the numerous pikes that are everywhere in the lake. Kinda felt like we just removed the big boss from the lake.

Fun story, I'm the only one in the family (parents and 1 brother) to have never catched a pike. Plenty of perch and bass (and probably the biggest bass out of our family fishing trips), but never a pike. Can't beat my dad though as his biggest fish is an Halibut as part of his job when he was on a boat working for Fisheries and Ocean Canada.

Haven't fished since probably 2008 or so though. Either due to summer jobs (2008-2012) or being alone in Montreal (2012-...).

Cool story, thanks for sharing! It's funny, I have some friends that rented a chalet near Lac des Sables, on the side of Riviere Batiscan...

I was lucky enough to catch a lot of pikes but I never managed to get a maskinonge! It's there on my bucket list...

That fish was caught within 20 minutes of Montreal! By car not by @jaffy27 's plane.

You have to share buddy! My rod is ready! :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad