What teams would be the biggest threats to sign PK two summers from now?

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Can't see Toronto do it. They are really in a bad situation with the cap.

Philly would try for sure. Edmonton too. Probably a bunch of other teams as well.

Leaf fan here. Don't see how our cap situation is all that bad. One awful contract in Clarkson (5.25m), one contract with declining value in Lupul (5.25m), and one slight overpayment IMO in Phaneuf (7.0m) Clarkson's going nowhere, but Lupul should be movable if it comes to it. Haven't crunched the numbers, but I think we could afford Subban if he decided to sign with us.

With that being said, I doubt PK even leaves MTL.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Leaf fan here. Don't see how our cap situation is all that bad. One awful contract in Clarkson (5.25m), one contract with declining value in Lupul (5.25m), and one slight overpayment IMO in Phaneuf (7.0m) Clarkson's going nowhere, but Lupul should be movable if it comes to it. Haven't crunched the numbers, but I think we could afford Subban if he decided to sign with us.

With that being said, I doubt PK even leaves MTL.

I'm sure the Leafs could clean house if 2-3 Toronto guys wanted to do a Lebron. Would only make sense if Toronto went in the hole right now though and had sweet picks. (something they should have done several years ago maybe...)

NJHABFAN

Sep 19, 2009
BELMAR
if h isn't signed before the decision from the ARB. next 48hrs we cannot talk contracts till jan 1 2015... it will go to arbitration once more for another year and than he will be a UFA.....so either pay the man what he is worth or trade him this year cause no smart GM will trade didley for him next year

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
if the rangers dont have staal in 2 years they will go hard after subban. cant imagine they would do so with mcd/g/staal signed to big cap hits though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad