What teams would be the biggest threats to sign PK two summers from now?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Habs because he's an RFA and if he signs an offer sheet we keep him. If he elects arbitration again we keep him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The only time I'd start to worry about PK leaving is if they don't come to a long term contract after next season.

IF that were to happen, Habs have to trade him to the highest bidder. Can't lose PK for nothing.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
as a UFA in 2 years? Just about any team would go after him if they could.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Leafs if they somehow find the cap space... and of course the Flyers, Rangers.

Actually.. I'd expect Florida (with their new Billionaire owner) to offer him close to the max, if not the max.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
Him and Stamkos are going to pull a Lebron and come home. At a discount no less.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Don't think Bergevin is dumb enough to let it go to arbitration next summer and lose him for nothing. Likely scenario is a trade to the West at a discount price after lowering his value enough to make it more acceptable to trade him in the media/fans.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's going to be traded to whichever team holds the first overall pick in 2015.

To replace him, Bergevin has already reached out to his European contacts, in order to identify the next Sekac-type who plays defense. :sarcasm:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
oh we'd make room....dont you worry. someone will take 20 1st rounders + clarkson + phaneuf

Clarkson has a NMC so he will not be leaving any time soon. Also if TO buys him out his cap would still be $4m for the next 3-4yrs but after that the cap hit is only $400k till the contract ends.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Can't see Toronto do it. They are really in a bad situation with the cap.

Philly would try for sure. Edmonton too. Probably a bunch of other teams as well.

RushDP

Nov 9, 2006
Don't think Bergevin is dumb enough to let it go to arbitration next summer and lose him for nothing. Likely scenario is a trade to the West at a discount price after lowering his value enough to make it more acceptable to trade him in the media/fans.

Bergevin was dumb enough not to get the deal done now so why not assume he'll be be dumb enough to screw up again next summer? Don't worry about PK'S value though...everybody in the league knows his true value except the coach and Bergevin. They'll never break PK and he will continue to get better and two summers from now he'll get the money, term and cups...just not with us.

Super disappointed with Bergevin. Arbitration with our best player and a 4year overpayment contract to the smallest first line center in the league. Very poor performance.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Impossible to know without knowing how high the cap will be in two years. Right now I'll just pray that Bergevin can sign him during the season this year.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
Can see Islanders offering him huge money, plus he'd get to play with his good buddy Tavares.

I can see the Islanders too. If we can't get Sub an signed long term I can see the Islanders trading for him too and paying big. It might end up being our best option.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The Habs because he's an RFA and if he signs an offer sheet we keep him. If he elects arbitration again we keep him.
All still speculation... but I bet the Habs don't match a $10M offersheet on him. Team just isn't that enamoured of the player, as I see it. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad